View Full Version : Help with Cingular 8125 problem

guyver2077
05-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Hello,

Im trying to get some help. I recently received my 8125 from Cingular.

Just yesterday i upgraded the rom on my phone and now im having network problems. When i connect to my wireless network, It either says "connected" but then i can access any page or anything in pie or I get the message that it can not get assigned an ip address.

I also used to be able to browse the web when connected through active sync but now i cant either....

I never had these issue before the upgrade and i regret doing do now.

Any suggestions? Ive tried a few different roms and still no luck. Anyone have a link to the stock cingular rom.

DUlrich1227
05-27-2006, 01:21 AM
had same problem had to do a hard reset

hokie36
06-20-2006, 07:44 PM
I am having the same problem with my new 8125. I can connect to GPRS/EDGE just fine, but wifi times out everytime. I guess I will try a hard reset and see if that fixes the problem.

hokie36
06-22-2006, 01:53 PM
I updated to the latest ROM and it fixed my wifi problem. You may also want to check out the Cingular and xda-developer forums for possible solutions to the wifi issues.

rookcnu
06-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Where do you get these ROM upgrades?

Thanks!

Darius Wey
06-26-2006, 05:32 AM
Where do you get these ROM upgrades?

Here's a link to the latest (AKU 2.x): http://www.cingular.com/microsoft

rookcnu
06-26-2006, 12:51 PM
So,... if my company does not use Exchange Server, then there is no reason for me to do this ROM upgrade?

Or, are there other reasons I should still go ahead and do it?

Thanks!

Darius Wey
06-26-2006, 01:57 PM
So,... if my company does not use Exchange Server, then there is no reason for me to do this ROM upgrade?

Or, are there other reasons I should still go ahead and do it?

The inclusion of the MSFP (for push-email via Exchange) can be considered as the biggest feature of the ROM update, but it also includes some other feature enhancements and bug fixes (all of which are part of Adaptation Kit Update 2.x). I'd recommend installing it just for that, even if you have no use for the MSFP.

JohnJohn
06-26-2006, 02:08 PM
The MEdiaNet Connection setting is defaulted to go through Cingular's Proxy. I turned that off and my Wifi and GPRS work great.

Start> Settings > Connections > Advanced >(under Media Net) Edit > Proxy Settings > (uncheck) "This network uses proxy server to connect to the Internet"

Moving back out to the Network Management screen (Advanced tab refered to above); I have "MEdia Net" in the first drop down and "My Work Network" on the second drop down.

Hope that helps