View Full Version : Simple thing - multiple files

jyohannan
05-24-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm a newbie and I can't figure out how to select multiple files on my Asus 636. I'm trying to import music into media player, but everytime I try it imports all the gps sounds that are on the pocketpc. And it sucks deleting 180 items individually. Can someone please help me?!?

David_C
05-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Not sure about importing, but if you want to delete multiple files on the PPC, use AS and explore your device from the desktop.

That way you can select multiple files at once (ctrl A-ALL), or use the shift key to select rows, or CTRL key and select each individually (spelling is way off), and then delete them all at once.

birick
05-24-2006, 12:49 PM
... individually (spelling is way off)...

Actually, you spelled it right! :D

Don't Panic!
05-24-2006, 03:53 PM
If the music is on your Pocket PC and you want to transfer it to your PCs media player sync your device to the PC then use the explore button in Activesync or your PC's file explorer to copy the files over. That way you can use the multiple file selection ability that's built in to your PC.

If your music is on a card and you want WMP10 to recognize it on your PPC then open WMP10 on your PPC and click on Menu > Update Library and WMP10 on your PPC will find all the nusic files on your card automatically.

Hope this helps and welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.