View Full Version : Everything synchs but Outlook

pheral
05-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Well, that was possibly the most painful 2 hours i've spent with my Acer so far. After panting around with the dumbest Outlook installation CD ever (it was determined *not* to install Outlook, despite going through all the motions) which basically pretended to have installed everything and then had to be coaxed to do so properly... Outlook is finally on my computer. My Acer now synchs with my PC folders, my favourites and my media... but i cannot for the life of me work out how to get it to synch wth Outlook. What the flaming heck am i doing wrong?? It surely can't be this difficult, i must have selected "my life's too easy, make me suffer" without realising it, when i first ran the disc.

Any ideas how to get my Acer to see Outlook and synch the calendar and tasks and such? There is simply no indication that Outlook exists. I'm using XP, WM5 on the Acer, and have Outlook Express installed on my PC if that makes any difference at all. I have searched through the help files, and all the toolbar options, and i can't find anything. I may be being a doofus. I rather hope so actually, because at least that means the answer is simple and i can stop grinding my teeth. :P

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. :)

pheral
05-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Woohoo, problem solved! So basically, when the Outlook install says 'not available' i just had to right-click it and make it available. Then after Outlook installed, i had to restart my computer twice (and wait a day, but that's probably more to do with me not noticing it was fixed for a while), and suddenly in the ActiveSynch Tools>Options menu i was able to activate synching for Outlook features.

So essentially, i was being a tiny bit thick. :wink:

Now, however, i have a 85010014 error, so i'm off to find out what the heck that means. Fun fun. :roll:

UPDATE: ok, the 85010014 error was because i didn't have Outlook open on my PC (thick, remember?). Then i got an 8503001F error instead, just for variety, and that was solved by disconnecting my Acer, going to File>Delete Mobile Device in Activesynch, reconnecting my Acer and going through the Activesynch relationship setup again.

All working flawlessly now.