View Full Version : Real Player install

ralphuk
05-21-2006, 06:37 PM
I've downloaded and installed the pocket Real Player from Real.com, but when I try to run it on my MIO A201 I get the message "RealOnePlayerppc is not a valid Pocket PC application"
Can anyone help please?

Ralph.

Guest979
05-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Hello,

Did you actually run RealNetwork's proprietary desktop installer? You can't just copy the whole download to a PPC.

ralphuk
05-22-2006, 10:56 AM
I downloaded the program to my desktop, but It was supposed to be for either mobile or pocket pc - I selected the latter, but when I tried to use it, it flagged up the message as described. I also accessed the Real.com site from the MIO useing the mini USB cable through the desktop; after all the logging in/ registering this gave a message that there was no download available at the moment. I found this last bit very frustrating!
Ralph.

Nurhisham Hussein
05-23-2006, 04:01 AM
What Guest979 is telling you is that the file you downloaded is an installer - not the executable. You need to use this program from your PC, not your PDA->

1. Attach and sync your PDA with your desktop - verify that Activesync is running.

2. Launch the program from your desktop - this will initialise Activesync's installation routines.

3. Follow the onscreen instructions.

ralphuk
05-23-2006, 09:58 AM
I've followed your instructions and used the install wizard, but an error message that now comes up tells me to install ActivSync 3.1 or later - I'm using version 4.0.0: I keep running this and synchronising (and even reset the device as instructed) but it doesn't install onto the PDA.

Ralph.

Nurhisham Hussein
05-23-2006, 01:48 PM
First I'd suggest you upgrade to AS4.1. This may help, though to be honest I won't hold out much hope on that score. Realplayer on PPC hasn't been upgraded in years, so it may not even be run on WM5.

ralphuk
05-28-2006, 05:09 PM
I've got a stack of rm movie files that I can't play because of the Real Player problem; is there any way I can convert them to play on Windows Media Player on the MIO?

Ralph.

isajoo
05-30-2006, 06:39 AM
both of these options are weird and probably wrong, but first, have you tried tcpmp player...not sure if u would have to download an add-on format feature...second, u could try to install an older activesync version, even 3.7, just to make the app download attempt to install it on a ppc. then copy the cab file stored in the programs/activesync folder of your c drive. and i never know. good luck.
make sure to back up everything before u blame me.