View Full Version : but if there's no headphone jack?! i wanna use as MP3 player...

leefentress
05-19-2006, 07:39 PM
got a audiovox xv6600

sure i can put mp3's on it. sure i can play em. but comin outta the lil speaker? uh-uh, i wanna use headphones or output it to something else.

but... there aint no headphone jack. got a headset jack, but that's it. what am i gonna doooooooo?

stsanford
05-19-2006, 08:12 PM
If you look in the box that the phone came in, you should see that the headset is STEREO. The headset is the headphone.

If you're a true audiophile, you would want to take a look at ppctechs to see about adding an adapter to your stash. This way you could adapt your plug to accept high-end headphones.

Sven Johannsen
05-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Does the audiovox xv6600 need an adapter? Is it a 2.5mm jack or a 3.5mm jack? If the former it certainly needs an adapter to connect anything worthwhile, if only for the size. If the later, try a regular stereo headset. You'll notice the one that coms with it, stereo and mic has four connection points on the plug, while a stereo headphone has three. Properly wired a stereo headphone can work, and will just short out the mic input, which can be OK.

leefentress
05-20-2006, 04:20 AM
i bought it through ebay :) a headset comes with it retail? ah well. yeah i guess it's a 2.5 cuz a reg headphone won't plug into it. so i guess i'll check out ppctechs then. thanks! ;)

Sven Johannsen
05-21-2006, 01:07 AM
You might want to check out http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp and all the stuff they have specifically for it.