View Full Version : Where can I identify the programs that are on my PPC

borgy
05-18-2006, 10:05 PM
I have an IPAQ 4700. I have no idea what some of the active programs are on my ppc. Are there any sites that identify ppc programs like there are for desktop systems? Thanks.

Darius Wey
05-19-2006, 01:43 AM
Something that identifies active programs? Are you looking for something similar to the Windows Task Manager?

If so, you can try MemMaid. (http://www.dinarsoft.com/)

Nurhisham Hussein
05-19-2006, 03:22 AM
You could try some of the PHM utilities (http://www.phm.lu/products/), they're freeware.

borgy
05-19-2006, 03:28 AM
I have a program on my desktop called Winpatrol and I can look up programs, for example, in my startup or active processes to find out what they are, what they do and if they are needed. I have also seen sites that list such things. I seems like there are a bunch of programs running that I have no idea about their purpose. Also, I would like to get Dockware, for example not to startup but cannot id which file is the one.
I hope I made myself clearer this time. Thanks for asking.

Darius Wey
05-19-2006, 03:38 AM
I have a program on my desktop called Winpatrol and I can look up programs, for example, in my startup or active processes to find out what they are, what they do and if they are needed.

MemMaid can do all that - it includes a 'startup programs' section and a 'running processes' section. PHM Task Manager (which hishamh linked to) is a simpler version, providing the running processes functionality. It's also free.

Nurhisham Hussein
05-19-2006, 04:53 AM
Also, I would like to get Dockware, for example not to startup but cannot id which file is the one.

You can disable this in Dockware itself. Launch the program, tap and hold on the screen until the context menu comes up, then select Setup. Just uncheck the box there and tap ok.

The executable it uses is CWTimeOut.exe which controls whether Dockware is launched as a screen saver on AC power. It's a pretty small application so you might want to leave it running. If you don't, just delete or move the link to it in the "\Windows\StartUp" folder.