View Full Version : Stop ActiveSync 4.1 from opening

ricoks
05-17-2006, 09:29 PM
I know that you could do this in 3.8, but in 4.1 I can't find a way to stop this from happening. When i put my HP in the cradle, or plug it into my sync/charger cable, AS 4.1 automatically pops up. Is there a way to stop it from doing that. i dont need to see it, i just want it to sync!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Ricoks

ricoks
05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
ahhhhhhh - does no one know/feel my woes??

anyone know the answer?

Thanks
Ricoks

melsam [MS]
05-19-2006, 06:03 PM
I know that you could do this in 3.8, but in 4.1 I can't find a way to stop this from happening. When i put my HP in the cradle, or plug it into my sync/charger cable, AS 4.1 automatically pops up. Is there a way to stop it from doing that. i dont need to see it, i just want it to sync!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Ricoks

Try this:

File > Connection Settings
Uncheck "Open ActiveSync when my device connects"

ricoks
05-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Thanks man, I didnt' see that menu under file - why did they have to go and move the option to a diff menu - WEIRD!!! ahh well, i appreciate it.

ricoks
05-19-2006, 09:20 PM
heehee - just saw who you were!
i guess the "why did THEY have to ....." would actually be YOU??!!! :oops:

anyway, as long as the option is still there, it's no biggie. hey, BTW, what was the reason for taking WIFI sync out of AS4.1????
I never heard a reason for it, and i know many miss it. I wifi to my Exchange (thank God that didnt get removed), so it's not HUGE for me, just curious.

Ricoks

melsam [MS]
05-20-2006, 01:09 AM
To enable Wifi ActiveSync, certain ports needed to be open on the desktop. These open ports created security risks that we were not able to mitigate due to resource constraints and various other factors. We're looking at bringing back Wifi sync in a future version of Activesync but I cannot guarantee when or if that will be available.

I totally understand and share your frustration with this feature being cut -I personally used it all the time and was upset that it isn't available any more. But, like you, I sync directly with an Exchange server over the air, and the information I care most about (Outlook data) still syncs wirelessly.

-Mel