View Full Version : Windows Media Player 11 Beta was just released!

jayson
05-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey,

WMP 11 Beta was just released! Here's the website: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx It looks REALLY nice!!

Joelacrane
07-02-2006, 04:29 AM
I wonder if they tossed it in with Windows Vista Beta 2? I would find out, but i cant, during the Vista setup it asks me to insert a driver disk (Driver for what?!) and i cannot proceed.

So is it any good? How does it compare to Winamp?

Darius Wey
07-02-2006, 06:26 AM
I wonder if they tossed it in with Windows Vista Beta 2? I would find out, but i cant, during the Vista setup it asks me to insert a driver disk (Driver for what?!) and i cannot proceed.

It is part of Windows Vista Beta 2, and in fact, all builds of Windows Vista, and includes some extra features on top of the Windows XP version.

Re driver: is it referring to your sound card?

So is it any good? How does it compare to Winamp?

You can learn more about it here: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,48738

Joelacrane
07-08-2006, 05:50 AM
Sorry to take over your thread, but ive got an nForce 2 mobo.

Darius Wey
07-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Sorry to take over your thread, but ive got an nForce 2 mobo.

Have all aspects of the motherboard been correctly recognised and installed? Check your Device Manager (accessible via Control Panel) and note if any hardware entries have a yellow icon next to its name (in particular, the sound component). If so, it means that they haven't been installed. You'll need to download the latest drivers from Microsoft Update, or your manufacturer's web site.

Joelacrane
07-10-2006, 03:29 AM
Well, under Windows XP everything looks fine, but i dont see how that could affect a clean install of Windows Vista. My brother has the same mobo as i do, and he got it running on his, so its not my soundcard or anything. I'm not bored enough to start unplugging hardware to find the culprit, so i am just goign to wait a couple years and buy a laptop with Windows Vista or something.

Or maybe i should just get Fedora Linux. Idk.

Darius Wey
07-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Well, under Windows XP everything looks fine, but i dont see how that could affect a clean install of Windows Vista.

I'm re-reading your previous posts now, and am feeling a little confused. Are you having trouble installing Windows Vista, or going through the basic configuration setup of Windows Media Player 11 on Windows Vista? I've been assuming the latter all this time, which is why I've been prodding you to investigate your sound card. ;)

Joelacrane
07-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Well you had good reason to assume that i was trying to set up WMP11 since this thread is ABOUT WMP11, i apologize, i was trying to do a clean install of Windows Vista Beta 2.

I shouldn't have brought it up on this thread lol!

DerekAbney
07-13-2006, 10:23 PM
What do people think of the new Windows Media Player? Pros and Cons?

Darius Wey
07-14-2006, 03:17 AM
What do people think of the new Windows Media Player? Pros and Cons?

I've posted my thoughts here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,48738).

In a nutshell, enhanced user interface, improved library, and great incorporation of the URGE service, but of course, there are also a few negative points worth pointing out. For example, outdated visualisations, still-broken Janus DRM sync experience (not highlighted in my article), and limited URGE accessibility (compare this to the iTunes Music Store; although, rumour is, URGE is set to expand into other countries over the coming months).