View Full Version : How come there are no themes for WM5?

Eriq Cook
05-14-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm fruated about the fact that there are no good WM5 themes available. I can find hundreds of themes for WM2003, but the collection is rediculously small for WM5.

I simply want some nice, clean "high-tech" looking themes for WM5. Everything that I've found is either animals or pictures of australia :-| I realize that Microsoft did not release a Theme Creator that supports WM5 (which is silly IMO), but people are still able to create them.

Does anyone know of a good source of quality WM5 themes?

hamishmacdonald
05-14-2006, 06:24 PM
I just discovered recently that old themes -- VGA or otherwise -- will work just fine under WM5, and the system is smart enough to pick out colours from the theme to use as the shaded bars at the top and bottom. (Though, admittedly, from time to time it chooses something very strange.)

Nurhisham Hussein
05-15-2006, 02:11 AM
I realize that Microsoft did not release a Theme Creator that supports WM5 (which is silly IMO), but people are still able to create them.

You do realise that they haven't released a theme creator since Pocket PC 2002? :lol:

Darius Wey
05-15-2006, 05:58 AM
KAMware has a Windows Mobile 5.0 theme creator, which accommodates the different registry entries for the colours of the navigation bar and command bar.

http://www.thememaker.biz/