View Full Version : Orb and WMP10 Mobile

myrampar
05-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Hello,

I have a Verizon XV6700 and when I use Orb to stream music from my home computer using wifi, WMP 10 will play one song and then close. It then takes me back to Orb and I need to hit the play icon to start another song. I am trying to play all songs in a folder.

With my Ipaq 4150 and WMP 9, it would continue to play all songs in the folder w/o stopping.

Is this a bug or can I alter a setting somewhere to enable continuous streaming in WMP 10 on my XV6700?

Thanks.

myrampar
05-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Update:

I sent a support request to the folks at Orb and they had this to say:

"There is indeed a bug in WMP10 on Mobile 5, with streaming playlists and we have not found a workaround for this issue. Until this is resolved, most of our users using the PPC6700 have installed the free TCPMP player and report a much better streaming experience with it in general."

They went on to say, "Just FYI, this is a Microsoft Windows Media Player bug, not an Orb bug (which is why it works fine in other players, as they handle ASX streams without this issue). To be quite frank, we hope that Microsoft will fix it on their end as it would take considerable resources for us to produce a workaround which will only be useful until they fix this player issue..."

I'm sure glad I have this new version of WMP10 mobile. :cry: When they get around to deploying EVDO in my area, I was thinking that I would have access to all of my content just about anywhere. Sigh!

I guess I will have to use TCPMP. I much prefer it over WMP10 anyway, however it does not seem to work with MS Voice Command.

Compromises, compromises. :roll: