View Full Version : wifi: Dif. between Europe and North America?

thebixman
05-12-2006, 01:59 AM
I have a Spectec wifi card for my PDA. In downloading the driver from the company website, I noticed different drivers for various countries and regions. Besides a difference in language, I'm worried there's a difference between how wifi devices connect from one country to another (I'm traveling to Europe this summer, and I'm worried that wifi is similar to those stupid DVD regional codes). The website has descriptions like "Canada (1-11ch)", "Europe (1-13ch)", "France (10-12ch)"

Am I in trouble?

Cybrid
05-12-2006, 02:42 AM
I have a Spectec wifi card for my PDA. In downloading the driver from the company website, I noticed different drivers for various countries and regions. Besides a difference in language, I'm worried there's a difference between how wifi devices connect from one country to another (I'm traveling to Europe this summer, and I'm worried that wifi is similar to those stupid DVD regional codes). The website has descriptions like "Canada (1-11ch)", "Europe (1-13ch)", "France (10-12ch)"

Am I in trouble?Nope. Should work fine... They're just different channels, a Wifi radio scans for all channels...The software is probably just set to scan the defaults
"Canada (1-11ch)", "Europe (1-13ch)", "France (10-12ch)" first.