View Full Version : initial battery charge problem!!!

bootboy5555
05-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi guys,

I just bought this battery in amazon:

Home > CE > 2400mAh Eurus PH17B Battery for O2 XDA II / XDA2, XDA IIi / XDA2i, T-Mobile MDA II / MDA2, MDA IIi / MDA2i, E-Plus Qtek 2020, Vodafone VPA, Orange SPV M1000, i-Mate Pocket PC, HTC Himalayas, Dopod 696, 696i, 699 + Back Cover
2400mAh Eurus PH17B Battery for O2 XDA II / XDA2, XDA IIi / XDA2i, T-Mobile MDA II / MDA2, MDA IIi / MDA2i, E-Plus Qtek 2020, Vodafone VPA, Orange SPV M1000, i-Mate Pocket PC, HTC Himalayas, Dopod 696, 696i, 699 + Back Cover

Our Price :

1 New : from $29.95

Availability : Currently Unavailable

Add Review

In my joy, I think I only first charged it for about a couple of hours, then took it off from the power for like a minute, then on again for like an hour and a half, and though initially it said that it was a 100%, suddenly and at times it went back to 94%, all this time my pocket pc phone led always remained red (charging) it never went green (when it usually finishes charging). I figured I'd just leave it now for 8 hours solid overnight, hoping that it will properly charge. I honestly hope I didn't screw up its voltage of power charging ability for not properly charging it the first time. could you please indicate If I am screwed or after properly leaving it for at least 8 hours, it should be ok. Also what kind of charging routine should I follow from now on for my pocket pc phone (imate PDA2K) extended battery? thanks so much!!!

UPDATE 1: I'am still leavin the battery charging overnight, but so far it has been close to three hours, so I just turned on the device while still being pluged to the AC to see how it was going and it now says 93%, what gives? it's going backwards, does this mean that I screwed up its gauge or something? what can I do? I figured I'd wait until the morning and if it hasn't charged to 100% and/or got a green led, I think one should drain it to 20% or something and fully charge it again, right? to calibrate it?

UPDATE 2: this morning when I woke up, after 8 hours, the ppc had turned on by itself (still plugged in to the AC) and it was at 90% it actually even went backwards a couple of percentage points!!! I don't know what to do, please help!! I am trying to drain it now leaving it on with wifi and music player on and with the PIE open....please help

UPDATE 3: Well I drained the battery to like 8% and it gave me the message to recharge it so I did for like 5 hours and the battery stopped at 70% and it won't move from there. I don't know what else to do, unless any of you guys is kind enought to suggest a viable solution to recaliber/fix this battery.

LWesson
05-11-2006, 07:58 PM
I doubt there is anything that can be done. Several of the hi-cap batteries that first came out had a problem in the microcode of the controller on the battery.

We went through 4 or 5 revisions of our XDA III hi-cap before we had one I felt comfortable releasing.

bootboy5555
05-12-2006, 07:18 AM
thanks for the reply. what are hi cap? what do you mean they didn't come out right? please elaborate. do you work for this company?
if my battery only charges up to 70%. I guess that would be ok....I mean it could be worse, right. is there honestly, no way to fix it?

LWesson
05-15-2006, 10:23 PM
thanks for the reply. what are hi cap? what do you mean they didn't come out right? please elaborate. do you work for this company?
if my battery only charges up to 70%. I guess that would be ok....I mean it could be worse, right. is there honestly, no way to fix it?

Hi-Cap is short for high capacity.

I would return the battery to your vendor and ask for a replacement.

I am the CEO of PocketPCTechs.com.