View Full Version : Playing Flash Content On Your Pocket PC

Jon Westfall
05-09-2006, 10:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/menneisyys/052006FlashPlayers.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/me...lashPlayers.asp</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Macromedia (now Adobe) Flash is very commonly used on the Web. There’re a lot of, for example, games utilizing this format. Actually, you can't even use a lot of sites without built-in Flash support. In addition, as Flash content can be very nice to play with (for example, there’re a lot of cool Flash games also running on the Pocket PC - you will definitely want to check out the Games section over at, for example, KillSomeTime.com, Arcade Pod and Flash Magazine (the latter is more of a news portal) to see what Flash is capable of, leisure-wise), I’ve decided to write a fully-fledged review and tutorial of everything Flash-related."</i><br /><br />Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen has posted a great write-up on his Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine Blog regarding the various ways you can play Flash files on your Pocket PC. Perhaps you've got product demos that you could run for clients and this is a godsend, or perhaps you just want to freak people out with a soundboard you downloaded - Menneisyys's review should shed some light on the mechanics of playing flash for whatever your purpose is.

Menneisyys
05-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Thanks for frontpaging this :)

If you have any Flash-related questions, feel free to ask here.

idbdoug
08-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Hello
I have read that PIEPlus works with the Flash Plugin ver 7 from Adobe.
How do you install the Flash player so that it works with PIEPlus. Installed PIEPlus and then I installed/loaded the Flash .cab file into the same folder and executed it. I see a File titled Flash.dll. But when I go to my companies website it does not seem to work. Yet, when I go to the same website with Netfront ver 3.3 with Flash version 6, I can view my companies website. Does anybody have the correct way to install Flash ver 7 so it works with PIEPlus?

Thanks for any further information
Doug Bryson

Menneisyys
08-14-2006, 07:27 PM
The problem isn't that of PIEPlus but that of the Adobe plug-in. I think the latter isn't compatible with your company's animations, unlike NetFront.

Try playing some of the Flash animations I've linked in in the article. Do they play?

idbdoug
08-14-2006, 11:42 PM
Hello
The only links I see are for Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices and
Smartphone &amp; Pocket PC Magazine Expert Blog. Are these the links you are talking about??

Thanks
Doug Bryson

Menneisyys
10-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Hello
The only links I see are for Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices and
Smartphone &amp; Pocket PC Magazine Expert Blog. Are these the links you are talking about??

Thanks
Doug Bryson

I've spoken of the links in the article (http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/menneisyys/052006FlashPlayers.asp) linked from the first post :)

soliars
01-31-2008, 06:19 AM
Thank you for your recommending!

Now flash is used widely in internet,Macromedia (now Adobe) Flash has been more and more necessary.

kenny1
02-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the info. 8)

ltx11
02-04-2008, 08:09 AM
thanks a lot!so kind of you!