View Full Version : What's the Best Expense Tracker???

jhalsey205
05-09-2006, 12:10 AM
I am looking for feedback/suggestions. What is the best (pure) expense tracking software. I do not need a full blow pocket m oney manager, which I presume includes the likes of Spb Finance or WebIS Money.

I know Scary Beary has an app out there, but I am not familar with what else is in the space.

Thanks

John

ppcinfo
05-09-2006, 01:17 AM
Pocket Money and WebIS Money are usually used as checkbook registries, so if that is what you're looking for then those would be the best choice.

PocketExpense Pro (ScaryBear) is for tracking business expenses for company reimbursements (or for tax purposes). For this case, I would recomment PocketExpense or maybe using Pocket-Excel if what you're tracking isn't too complicated.

ppcinfo

Edgar_
05-09-2006, 02:00 AM
SPB Finance isn't just a money manager - although it can be pretty close since it interfaces to MS Money and/or Quicken.

Many use it just to track expenses and for fast easy entering. Darius uses it extensively, perhaps he can chime in as well.

It's a free trial, as are many of them. With this kind of software you should download and try each for a couple days in "the real world" and see if they fit your need. Just because it does alot, doesnt mean it wont do the day to day well too.

-Edgar

Darius Wey
05-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Darius uses it extensively, perhaps he can chime in as well.

Yeah, I love Spb Finance - it does everything I want it to.

If you're going to use it, you essentially dictate how complex you want the application to be. You can use it simply as an expense tracker, or go all out and start creating budgets and synchronising with Microsoft Money or Quicken. The choice is yours. I'd recommend download the trial version and testing it out for yourself.

Otherwise, if you want to keep things really simple, look at the Pocket PC version of Microsoft Money. It's free, though don't expect it to run blissfully on a Windows Mobile 5.0 device.