View Full Version : Random Questions

talktolaura
05-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Im going to go get my 8125 in a couple of days and i just wanted to clarify a couple of things. 1- I dont plan on getting the data plan because when i will be using the internet i can find a hotspot or the WiFi so i was wondering if the AIM would still work. 2- If i only use the WiFi is there a limited amount of websites that i can access or am i open to all of the internet. Last but not least i have heard of registry hacks to allow me to access G networks is it worth it and is it hard to do?

Janak Parekh
05-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Im going to go get my 8125 in a couple of days and i just wanted to clarify a couple of things. 1- I dont plan on getting the data plan because when i will be using the internet i can find a hotspot or the WiFi so i was wondering if the AIM would still work.
If Cingular sells you the device without data service (I've never tried getting Cingular service, so I don't know), then any Internet-based application should work as long as you're connected to WiFi. You should be careful, though, and make sure you don't accidentally connect to GPRS/EDGE services.

2- If i only use the WiFi is there a limited amount of websites that i can access or am i open to all of the internet. Last but not least i have heard of registry hacks to allow me to access G networks is it worth it and is it hard to do?
The device can theoretically access any website, but as to how much you can access is up to the WiFi provider and how mobile-friendly the website is. As for G access, it's probably not worth it unless you have a specific need.

--janak