View Full Version : best phone/pda's :) give your advices

rickO
05-06-2006, 08:56 PM
what are the best pda/fones around?:) a lot of people have been complaining about the xda atom.. but do you think it's ok? experts pls help:) pls write the pros and cons :) thanks

Edgar_
05-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Rick

Welcome to Pocketpc Thoughts!

This question is probably one of the most asked. If you dig through our forums and use the search tool you will find volumes of information on all the different devices. From very professional and complete reviews/articles that talk about the pros and cons - to users like you and me talking about what we like/dislike about the devices, OS and software. Each device has pros and cons depending on the specific use YOU intend to have for it. Business, pleasure, lots of gaming, music, great screen, Keyboard, etc. You need to read these and find devices that fit your needs then ask about them.

After digging around a bit, come back and ask some specific questions. We're all great at giving our opinion ;)

-Edgar

rickO
05-07-2006, 04:53 AM
thanks! sorry.. m just a noob here :)

Sven Johannsen
05-07-2006, 06:57 AM
Guess I have to ask what you mean by a pda/fone. Is that two different things, or are you focusing on pdas that have phone capability (MS calls them Pocket PC Phone Editions) or are you good with a phone that has a significant amount of PDA functionality (MS calls these Smartphones).

You needn't be sorry about the question, it's just that it is like asking what car should I get. We need some help like, sports car, SUV, truck, family, single, $$, etc.

rickO
05-07-2006, 10:32 AM
people here are really friendly :) thanks for welcoming a noob like me :) actually, i'm planning to buy an xda atom... i just got a bit scared of the things i read.. but i went to the o2 site and there's a new firmware update.. i already posted this on the software thread :) do u know how much the atom improved? because the description of the update was idealistic and it didn't give any specific improvements (e.g. how long will the cam app start, etc.).

if guys know experiences about this upgrade, feel free to reply :) real experiences would help a lot :) thanks!

Edgar_
05-07-2006, 06:24 PM
From the look at your posts you've found all the right threads to ask those that have the device - I don't.

You can also search across some of the other PPC sites like www.brighthand.com, www.gadgeteer.com, www.theunwired.com and www.pocketpcmag.com. All great sites and all cross contribute to each other.

rickO
05-07-2006, 06:41 PM
i really appreciate it :) thanks for helping :)