View Full Version : need some info plz

silvie_m
05-05-2006, 06:32 PM
I just got this new navigation software Nav4All from their page, but it seems like I'll need a GPS device in order to use its ful potential... can someone recomend me any GPS devices?

Thank you!!

Edgar_
05-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Silvie

Unless you have a device with an integrated GPS receiver such as the HP 6315 you will need a seperate GPS receiver.

Does your current device support BlueTooth? If so, there are quite a few options out there. I use the GlobalSat BT338 and love it. Fast acquire, reasonable price, good product. If you're not bluetooth enabled your choices become either a addon device that *may* be available for your device (they are specifically made to fit certain devices docking ports) via a sled or externally plugged in device or a card based GPS that interfaces via the SD or CF card expansion slots.

http://www.gpspassion.com did a great over view of all the different devices available earlier this year. They talk about price, technology, capabilities etc - very complete document.

Take a look there and hop back over here. Search our forums for GPS - theres a number of threads about it.

-Edgar