View Full Version : Backup Solutions for WM5

hoffm11
05-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I have paid for several backup softwares in the past and now that I upgraded my 4700 to WM5, it seems that I need to pay for another darn upgrade for Sprite or purchase SPB backup. Anyone have any other solutions? Yes, I did buy Sunnysoft also a while back.

hamishmacdonald
05-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I bought the SPB program when Sprite wanted me to pay again for the WM5 update. SPB's program has a beautifully simple interface. I performed one restore, though, and it made a BIG MESS of my files. No directory structure, everything in the trash on the PC the first time I synched, etc.

I own it, so I'm committed to using it. I just home that was a one-off situation and wouldn't happen again. Thought I'd warn you, though.

Darius Wey
05-04-2006, 03:44 AM
I'm using Spb Backup and it works great. If you're after another Windows Mobile 5.0 solution, then the upgraded version of Sprite will work.

With regard to SunnySoft, I've heard some strange problems (e.g. data loss, botched restorations) occurring as a result of use of the product, so I'd stick to the former two if I were you.

hamishmacdonald
05-04-2006, 04:22 PM
I've been contacted by SPB, who were keen to resolve the issue I'd had with the backup restoration I did. I just used their unpack tool (could be very handy if the PPC died!) and the backup files were in perfect order. So:

A) Yay! Good product.
B) Yay! Excellent customer service (I didn't even ask for it, and they offered.)