View Full Version : Themes and WM5 Issues

SAS
05-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi All I have been looking for awhile on an answer to this issue, any ideas?

A Few Weeks ago I noticed that a number of my themes were showing as
thumbnails instead of full screen on my 2750 with windows mobile 5.

I thought this was a software issue, and formatted and reinstalled the device - however the first 10 themes show up fine then they go into a small thumbnail in the center of the screen and the rest is just grey. I removed the Theme Software i use and installed another one, and the same thing the themes just show a small image and not a large one.

I tried putting the Themes on the PDA memory and on a SD Card - Issue remains.

I know the themes are OK as I checked them on an alternative system.

any ideas?

Thanks

Darius Wey
05-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

I know the themes are OK as I checked them on an alternative system.

What was the alternate system? Was it running an older version of Windows Mobile? If so, there's a chance that what you're seeing is just a 'symptom' of your themes being designed for older versions of Windows Mobile and not v5.0. The latter uses a slightly different theme structure compared to its predecessors.

SAS
05-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the reply, the other PDA was a HX2750 With WM5 aswell, and a Dell Axim V50 with WM2003SE.

It seems strange it works for 10 changes of the theme and then goes to a small picture.

Darius Wey
05-03-2006, 02:10 PM
I removed the Theme Software i use and installed another one, and the same thing the themes just show a small image and not a large one.

BTW, what theme software are you using? Is the default theme manager in the Today applet not sufficient for your needs?

SAS
05-03-2006, 06:22 PM
I have tried Dream and pocket theme manager 2.

I like it auto changing every 5 minutes or so, as I have over 100 themes :)

I will try the builtin one and just change it manually and see how it goes.

Darius Wey
05-04-2006, 03:47 AM
I have tried Dream and pocket theme manager 2.

A-ha. Yes, that's likely to be your problem. Either the software isn't 100% compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0, or it's just bugged enough to cause display issues every X number of themes.

I will try the builtin one and just change it manually and see how it goes.

That's probably the best solution at the moment. If you still have issues, let us know.