View Full Version : auto- power off

Imageman
05-03-2006, 12:41 AM
I have been having some problems since the update on my 700w with power and one thing I am have figured out is that the out power off doesnt work anymore. The backlight will power off, but not the phone in general.

Anyone have any tips?

Janak Parekh
05-03-2006, 04:27 AM
Hmm... I haven't had this problem. How do you know the phone doesn't power off? You mean the display is still visible under bright light? If so, have you tried tweaking the Power settings in the Settings?

As a worst-case scenario, you may want to consider backing up and hard-resetting. Maybe it's possible there's some application conflict that the ROM upgrade triggered. I decided to hard reset right after the upgrade -- I use these opportunities to refresh the software on my device -- and as mentioned before the device seems to work just fine.

--janak

Imageman
05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Ok, here is what I have figured out:

If I set activesync to update 'as items arrive' it never completely powers off. Only the backlight powers off. It dims at first, and then gets darker and darker until it is completely off. If I set activesync to manual update, it powers off just fine. Anyone else experienced this?

This is after I hard resett'ed and have no programs installed.

Janak Parekh
05-04-2006, 12:40 AM
If I set activesync to update 'as items arrive' it never completely powers off. Only the backlight powers off. It dims at first, and then gets darker and darker until it is completely off. If I set activesync to manual update, it powers off just fine. Anyone else experienced this?
Huh. 8O Are you running this via Exchange 2003 SP2 (e.g., Direct Push)? I have the new firmware, Exchange 2003 SP2 Direct Push, and "as items arrive" configured and it works fine.

This is after I hard resett'ed and have no programs installed.
This might be worth a call to Palm... :(

--janak