View Full Version : AppleJosh - Is SPB Imageer Still Supported?

JMac
04-26-2006, 07:49 AM
I purchased Imageer shortly after it was initially released back in June 2004. While it's feature set is great, it tends to leak memory very quickly, requiring frequent soft resets, sometimes as frequently as every 10 minutes.

I submitted a support request about this in June 2005 and received a reply from Magarita indicating that this was a known issue and stating, "We are working on the next version of Imageer that will not have any troubles working on new devices."

That was almost a year ago and yet Imageer is still on the June 2004 release. I haven't used it in over a year.

Any news? Or has Imageer been pretty much abandoned?

Thanks.

Jason Dunn
04-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Great question - Imageer has always been very close to my heart because I helped create it when I was working for Spb Software House, so that's unfortunate that they haven't been updating it. I've sent an email to Vassili Phillipov about this, we'll see what he says.

Edgar_
04-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Jason,

Ask them about the update to Time as well.

As far away as last June on their own DN they were talking about releasing v2 "soon"

Vassilli told me it was "very soon" in January when I asked about PocketPlus integration.

Thanks

-Edgar

applejosh
04-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Was this a question targeted for me?

I don't know much about Imageer other than it used to get rather good reviews. I don't own a copy (at least I don't think I do) as I use Resco's photo viewer app (don't have a need for editing). I think with the release of other apps (notably SPB Diary and SPB Weather), their time is spread kind of thin, and they're probably concentrating on those apps (which I assume are selling pretty well for them) as well as Pocket Plus. I'm hoping SPBTime is updated soon, too.

JMac
04-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Great question - Imageer has always been very close to my heart because I helped create it when I was working for Spb Software House, so that's unfortunate that they haven't been updating it. I've sent an email to Vassili Phillipov about this, we'll see what he says.

Thanks Jason.

I really hated to ask this so publically, but I've never gotten any more replies on this. And it's not very usable as is.

Imageer was phenomenal with regard to speed of opening images - even very large images. And the slideshows were among the best I've seen.

But both Program and Storage memory drops steadily while viewing images with Imageer. If they can fix the memory issues, I don't think that there is another photo viewing application out there that even comes close!

Jason Dunn
04-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Imageer was phenomenal with regard to speed of opening images - even very large images. And the slideshows were among the best I've seen....If they can fix the memory issues, I don't think that there is another photo viewing application out there that even comes close!

Glad you liked it. I was very hardcore about making Imageer the best product on the market, and the developers at Spb were amazing in making my ideas for it a reality (and of course they had a lot of their own as well). I had an IM conversation with Vassili from Spb today, and he said that they were working on an update that will fix all known bugs and bring it up to full Windows Mobile 5-compliance. He didn't give me a specific release date, but it sounds like it's not too far away...

JMac
04-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Was this a question targeted for me?

I don't know much about Imageer other than it used to get rather good reviews. I don't own a copy (at least I don't think I do) as I use Resco's photo viewer app (don't have a need for editing). I think with the release of other apps (notably SPB Diary and SPB Weather), their time is spread kind of thin, and they're probably concentrating on those apps (which I assume are selling pretty well for them) as well as Pocket Plus. I'm hoping SPBTime is updated soon, too.
Sorry, applejpsh - I saw that you had announced a few other SPB updates/upgrades, and so I thought that you must have some SPB-inside friends...

:)

applejosh
04-27-2006, 04:41 AM
Sorry, applejpsh - I saw that you had announced a few other SPB updates/upgrades, and so I thought that you must have some SPB-inside friends...

:)

Alas, I don't have any close contacts in SPB. Just noticed updates one day and shared.

Cheers!

Denis Khitrov
04-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Hi All,

As a product manager of Spb Time I can say that application is really very close to the release. Actually it's in this stage during last several months. We were postponing a release due to more priority things happening here. And this is a my big pain =(. But there are really urgent things here and we are doing our best to as efficient as possible.

If anybody is interested in beta testing of current beta of Spb Time, please contact me via PM or directly via air[at]softspb[dot]com. Current version is pretty stable and considered as a release candidate of Spb Time 2.0. We are working on minor UI issues and localization now.

As for Spb Imageer I also can say that update is scheduled for a nearest possible time and a new version will come as soon as Imageer team will have enough time to finalize changes that are already made and need good testing. But there is no exact date of the release is defined.
As always our goal is to provide users with a best product in a category, so if you have ideas of some killing features for Spb Imageer or fixes (excluding obvious ones =)) you are welcome to contact Victor Bargachev (victorb[at]softspb[dot]com. He also presents on this forum on regular base so you can send him a PM as well.

Thank you for your support!