View Full Version : O2 Atom Problems

NickPound
04-26-2006, 04:03 AM
I've got an Atom and have been relatively happy with it. However, I've just received a mini SD card I bought on eBay, a 2.0GB card, and it wont install into the Atom - its not recognised.

I've tried to read the card on 2 other card readers and 1 works fine but the other does not recognise the card. The card looks legit and not fake - but I'm now beginning to wonder.

Anyone else had problems with Atom's and the micro SD card? Or am I missing something and I need to 'turn on' the option for the card?

Cheers
Nick

surfer
04-26-2006, 07:32 AM
have you trried formating it with a card reader on your pc to see if the situation changes?

NickPound
04-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Yeah, thanks. I've formatted the card on with my card reader but still no go - the Atom wont recognise it.

I've run the Atom's self dignostics text and it doesnt pick the card up.

So I'm now thinking it could be an Atom issue - I've sent O2 an email and I'm waiting to hear from them - but that will probably take a few weeks!

Darius Wey
04-26-2006, 12:50 PM
The Atom is compatible with 2GB miniSD cards. So, from here, I can think that the problem you're experiencing is attributable to either:

(a) A faulty miniSD slot in your Atom.

(b) An incompatible miniSD card - however, this is highly unlikely since most cards are based off a generic standard. Perhaps the one you acquired is a little different.

NickPound
04-26-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm not suggesting I'm the most technically proficient, especial in this boards company, however blow me down if it didnt just start working last night.

I tried the card through a reader on my home PC and all ok and then when I loaded it into my Atom - Hey presto - all ok.

So far so good.....

Chin Chin