View Full Version : O2 Xda Exec problems....

cwodavids
04-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi guys and girls, I have just joined this forum so excuse the questions and stupidity I will no doubt be displaying (its my first pocket PC.) So why am I posting? Well a few reasons, I have just got my hands on an O2 Xda Exec, a very cool little bit of kit. However, I cant seem to download GPRS monitor to it. It displays the following message

"unable to install your application. Please update your device ROM to the required version before trying again."

At the top of my screen it displays a "G", now this is telling me it is connected to the 3G network. Does this mean im getting charged for this or is it merely saying that if I want to use it iIcan. I spoke to O2 and the operator didnt seem very sure when he said im not being charged. I phoned again and the second operator said I was getting charged!!

Any ideas?

i have just found out im on ROM version 1.13.82 WWE dated 30 Nov 05 and ExtROM version 1.13.188 WWE

ChristopherTD
04-26-2006, 07:54 AM
The "G" means that you have a GPRS signal. If it says "3G" or "U" or something like that then you have a 3G signal.

If there are 2 little arrows below the icon then you are actually connected to the service. So don't worry unless the arrows appear, then something has requested internet access (Messaging, IE etc.)

acetuk
04-28-2006, 12:15 AM
Hi and welcome to the Exec club!

The GPRS error is a known problem with the copy of the program on the supplied cd. Head over to the Xda part of the O2 website and you can download a working version.

But before that also download and instal the very recent rom upgrade - it's well worth it. My Exec is running much better with it installed.

cwodavids
04-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Hi and welcome to the Exec club!

The GPRS error is a known problem with the copy of the program on the supplied cd. Head over to the Xda part of the O2 website and you can download a working version.

But before that also download and instal the very recent rom upgrade - it's well worth it. My Exec is running much better with it installed.

Thanks guys im just downloading now.