View Full Version : 4gb sd wifi card

q-live
04-23-2006, 07:02 AM
does a combo card like this exist???? if so where is the cheapest i can find it

Darius Wey
04-23-2006, 10:00 AM
No, it doesn't exist. You can find 256MB + Wi-Fi SD cards (from Sandisk, for example), but not 4GB ones. Having said that, they were phased out long ago. More devices are now shipping with Wi-Fi by default, so the need for combo cards has dropped considerably.

q-live
04-23-2006, 09:05 PM
DAM THATS SO STUPID... first they shouldnt do that because to of the top phones out right now (AND YES THEY MADE A MISTAKE BY NOT DOING IT) dont have wi fi, the samsung i830 and treo 700w..... so now if i want a wi fi card i gotta buy it and keep switchingg out.... dam thats so stupid... why stop at 256mb.... they coulda at least go up to a gig of memeory.....

Janak Parekh
04-24-2006, 01:37 AM
q-live,

You've been ranting on this subject for the last two years. The simple fact of the matter is that on Verizon, the only WiFi-enabled phone is the XV6700. If that functionality is that important to you above and beyond EVDO, then either get the XV6700 or use a different carrier. It's pretty clear that Verizon believes EVDO is their prime offering.

To the best of my knowledge, the WiFi+Memory SD cards didn't sell all that well, and they died a quick death. They're a relatively specialized niche.

--janak