View Full Version : iPAQ 5450 - funny behaviour

Se7enUK
04-22-2006, 07:18 AM
I have just bought a 2nd hand hp5450, I used to have one when they first came out but sold that about 16 months ago.... Anyway...

I ugraded it to PocketPC 2003 and it all seems to work OK except that it now wont work away from the cradle???

1) The battery power is showing 100% while in cradle
2) The orange light is on in cradle (not flashing)
3) I try and turn WiFi on in the cradle and it says you need to charge the battery for at least 10 minutes. (its been left on charge all night?)

Can anyone help, I will pay for a solution.

Se7enUK
04-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Is the battery F**ked?

Nurhisham Hussein
04-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Sure sounds like it, especially since you got it second hand.

Sven Johannsen
04-24-2006, 04:26 AM
Does kind of sound like a bad battery, but. Did you play wiith it a while before upgrading? Did it seem OK? You could try doing another hard reset, or just pull the battery out and leave it out overnight. Sometimes something get hung up and not even a hard reset will totally clear it. Sort of like on a desktop sometimes you need to shut down power completely, and not just do a restart. Does the cradle have a charger? Can you put the batterry in it and does it indicate it is fully charged?

Se7enUK
04-24-2006, 07:11 AM
Yes I did play with it before and it did seem OK. I have done a hard reset and thats not cured it so will leave battery out overnight and take it from there. I have also ordered a new battery.....

The cradle only charges the unit while the battery is in.