View Full Version : Opera problems with 8125

rookcnu
04-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Something slightly annoying has happened IMMEDIATLEY after installing the opera 8.5 mobile cab file...

I have an 8125 with slideout keyboard. If I slide out my keyboard (to do text message or whatever) OPERA browser opens up and it is kind of annoying? Anything I can do to fix this or is that how OPERA works?

Also, it seems to have mapped itself to the hardware button used to start the camera!!! Now, when I want to take a picture I click the camera button and Opera starts instead. When it does start it keeps switching between landscape and portrait mode for 20 seconds or so and then stops but if I try and close Opera it instead switches to landscape mode and then back to portrait mode but does not shut down. I still cannot get using the camera at this stage! Sometimes I can kill the process in task manager but more often than not the whole OS gets tied up in knots and a soft reset is the only solution!!!

Then when I try to uninstall Opera it doesn't uninstall, it's still has an icon in programs from which you can start it again, but it does remove the entry from the add/remove programs dialog so you can't re-reun the uninstaller!