View Full Version : MP3 Player with Podcasting Capability

Golfer
04-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Can anyone recommend a good MP3 player application that can also download podcasts? I am using a ipaq 5550.

Thanks in advance

GSmith
04-19-2006, 07:37 PM
FeederReader will allow you to download any news, blogs, audio podcasts, and video podcasts (and, in fact, any other enclosure that is playable on a Pocket PC).

FeederReader is not a media player itself, but it will launch any player you have configured. Plus it has integrated file management and the ability to read news, listen to podcasts, update feeds, and download podcasts all at the same time. If you are only using it for mp3 files, then you can use almost any player (including Windows Media Player). And if you are trying to play video podcasts that you've downloaded with FeederReader, WMP will play WMV files, and you can use this chart to figure out the appropriate player: http://www.feederreader.com/mediachart.html

I help people all the time on the FeederReader Forums (www.FeederReader.com sidebar "Forums"). And if you have any suggestions for improvement, I'm all ears!

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Pocket PC *direct* RSS text, audio, video, podcasts
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

Golfer
04-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks for your reply. I do currently use FeederReader (v 0.45). I am also trialing Resco Audio Recorder. Just wondered if there was something on the mp3 player side that had a good and mature user interface along with podcasting capabilities.

Golfer
04-23-2006, 11:42 PM
Just discovered PocketMusic which is free http://www.pocketmind.com/pocketmusic.htm

I'll use this combined with FeederReader, unless anyone knows of a better option?

Cheers

PocketPC Addict
05-02-2006, 02:03 AM
I am a fan of Conduit's Pocket Player. It was a bit rough in some early versions, but now it's great. Use it about every day for streaming.

But it does play podcasts too.

Guest979
05-02-2006, 02:15 AM
I am a fan of Conduit's Pocket Player. It was a bit rough in some early versions, but now it's great. Use it about every day for streaming.

But it does play podcasts too.

Yep, I like it too. I used it to get protected WMA files playing on an iPaq 1940 - and I'm a Mac user! (This did require extensive use of Virtual PC, though.)

I'm pretty sure it has built-in podcast capabilities, although I haven't tried that because I like iPod+iTunes. :)

PocketPC Addict
05-02-2006, 02:18 AM
Yes, the ipod is better for the podcasts. Pocket Player has an ipod-type of skin so you could pretend if you wanted to.

GadgetsForever
05-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Lots of cool suggestions, thanks. :lol: Btw, I'm a newbie here, looks like a cool forum- people are really knowledgeable and active posters. Hoping to learn a lot.