View Full Version : What is the largest SD card that I can use in my H6365?

puffinfresh
04-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Will a 2gb card work?

Also, will miniSD with an SD adaptor make a difference?
I'm thinking of buying miniSD so it is a bit more future proof

Edgar_
04-17-2006, 03:09 PM
From the HP support forum for the H6365:

Nov 17, 2005 11:52:23 GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the maximum size for an SD card supported by the h6365? Is anyone using 2GB or 4GB?

Note: If you are the author of this question and wish to assign points to any of the answers, please login first.For more information on assigning points ,click here

Nov 17, 2005 13:31:18 GMT 8 pts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2GB is fine and I know of people using this with their 6365. The 4GB is brand new and should be fine though I haven't heard of anyone with this size

As to the adapter. The idea of the adapter is to carry the signal straight through with no change except to form factor. So it also should work fine.

Future proof? Like Ipods - they'll come out with a new form factor constantly, just because they can. The Mini & Micro form factors seem to only be in use in the Phone space since sizeon them is a bit more cramped and 1mm makes a difference. I haven't seen a PPC with Mini or Micro SD, yet. However, getting the adapter based form factor would allow you to move cards between different units much easier.

Note: When I bought my Sandisk MicroSD about a year ago it came with an SD adapter. Don't know if they still do. I have used the MiniSD in my MPX220, slapped it in the adapter and used it in my HX4700. So no reason why you can't as well.

-Edgar

MitchellO
04-19-2006, 05:41 AM
The miniSD to SD or microSD to SD adaptors make the smaller card a full fledged SD card.

The adaptor that came with my Sandisk miniSD makes the card work as an SD, and everything that uses SD that I have tried (PPC, Digicam, SD Reader) recognises it fine.

puffinfresh
05-03-2006, 02:48 PM
hi guys.
thanks for the replies.

i just got my H6365 and a 2gb SD card and it's working fine :D

Edgar_
05-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Excellent! Glad we could help.

Did you end up getting a Std SD or Mini w/adapter?