View Full Version : Use Pocket PC to keep track of daily petty cash expenses, how?

isomaniac
04-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Use Pocket PC to keep track of daily petty cash expenses, how

Hi all, my wife and I both use PPC. We want to use PPC to keep track of daily expenses such as supermarket expenses, sundry expenses, meals, newspaper/magazines etc. Because of such purchases happen in short time, I want to use a PPC software which allow the entry of expenses using as few taps as possible so that we can quickly enter the expense item right after the cashier person hands me the receipt :)

Also, we use MS Money and if the PPC software can sync the data with the MS Money it would be even better. If not, at least I want the PPC software to be able to output Excel file.

Pls suggest.

Thanks.

Darius Wey
04-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi all, my wife and I both use PPC. We want to use PPC to keep track of daily expenses such as supermarket expenses, sundry expenses, meals, newspaper/magazines etc.

Check out Spb Finance (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/finance/?en). I use it for my daily budgeting and it works great.

Because of such purchases happen in short time, I want to use a PPC software which allow the entry of expenses using as few taps as possible so that we can quickly enter the expense item right after the cashier person hands me the receipt

Spb Finance includes a special Spb Finance Entry component for the quick entry of expenses, so it's suitable for what you have in mind.

Also, we use MS Money and if the PPC software can sync the data with the MS Money it would be even better. If not, at least I want the PPC software to be able to output Excel file.

... And it also supports syncing with Microsoft Money and Quicken. :)

There's a free trial version available, so download it and check it out when you have a spare moment.

isomaniac
04-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Big thanks for your fast and comprehensive response!!

DaViD_BRaNDoN
04-18-2006, 07:28 AM
I used to love Microsoft Money but then I've switched to Spb Finance right after I got a new Axim X51 as the former no longer works in Windows Mobile 5.0

ruirego
04-22-2006, 04:43 PM
I used to use Microsoft money ppc to sync win my desktop, and it worked just fine.

But since I changed from ipaq 5400 to qtek 9000 (windows ppc 2005) I can't sync???

So i tried spb finance, it's ok. But it would be better if it was possible to put it on the today screen (like money).

Darius Wey
04-22-2006, 05:58 PM
So i tried spb finance, it's ok. But it would be better if it was possible to put it on the today screen (like money).

You can. Explore the Spb Finance options page for a setting that enables/disables the Today plug-in.

ombu
04-23-2006, 04:37 AM
IMHO Cash Organizer is the best by far, but that's just my opinion, run the trials and you'll see I'm always right. :devilboy:

Here's the link,

http://www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php?in=premium.htm

Nurhisham Hussein
04-23-2006, 10:41 AM
I agree with ombu, CO is really good - but if all you're looking for is tracking expenses, then CO might be overkill.

jickbahtech
04-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Well,
If you would just like excel output, why not just whip up a little check book spreadsheet in excel.

I used to do that on my 2750 before I got MSMoney, and I still use it for my cars mileage log.
Throw in a couple 'SUM' commands and it should be good to go.