View Full Version : Where is my PPC's Storage going?????

Mister HP
04-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey everybody!
I have a really big problem concerning my iPaq running on WM5. Well, it turns out that after I install a program onto my external storage cards, about 0.4MBs are taken away from my Pocket PCs storage. Now this is not the problem because I understand that the app might need to place some system files, registry components, etc on my Pocket PCs storage, but here is the real problem: After uninstalling applications, I am still left with the same amount (or very close to it) in MBs as i had after installing the application. The other thing is that little by little Im running out of storage and am unable to install other applications. I am unable to recover my lost memory ( I tried MemMaid which cleans out some registry components and IE cache, cookies, etc.) I charted the usage of storage and apparently the largest chunk I have is in the Windows file - about 64 MBs of random files. Is there some way i can manipulate the dork registry key (or the dorking process) to maybe get back some more storage or any program out there that can safely delete "junk" files on my Pocket PC? Is there maybe a hack or process to get my storage back? I am desperate!! :lol:
Thank you,

Don't Panic!
04-16-2006, 04:50 PM
A few of places to check;

If you read MS reader ebooks a lot check in My Device > My Documents > Annotations delete any references to books you've already read.

go to Windows > Profiles > Guest > Temporary Internet Files > Content IE5 and then delete any folders found there. Leave index alone.

If your iPaq has a built in zip utility and you've done some installations using .cab files check the Windows > ~IA Zip temp folder I've found that those .cab files are saved there even if you have cabinstll set to delete files after installation.

If nothing else these steps should help you free up some memory.

HTH

David_C
04-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Not sure if this is the problem your describing??

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48040

Dave

Nurhisham Hussein
04-17-2006, 01:37 AM
Probably a stupid question, but have you tried a soft reset yet?