View Full Version : MDA Email notifications?

pcdoc
04-16-2006, 04:34 AM
I am trying to move from my Blackberry to an MDA and have run into a major roadblock. I can get notifications of new mail into my Inbox however I run rules on my Exchange 2003 server and if something gets delivered into a sub folder, then mda will download it but not notify me of its arrival. Then I also have to search through all my subfolders to find it. Is there away for me to get a notification? Also is there anything similar to outlook 2003 that will show all unread mail no matter what folder it resides in. This worked by default in my Blackberry, I would hate to have to go back.

Silver5
04-17-2006, 06:56 AM
I was kind of interested in this when I saw your post and I tried setting up filters to get certain emails into a subfolder of the Inbox. I couldn't figure out how to do that! I am using 4smartphone.com as a hosted Exchange service and I guess they just don't provide that ability or I have missed something.

I hope it works in the manner you want because that would be useful for me as well. It's not very useful without a notification!

pcdoc
04-17-2006, 07:06 AM
Is it an exchange 2003 and do they support ActiveSync server side?

Silver5
04-20-2006, 08:52 AM
I finally figured out how to filter things into specific folders. I was making the mistake of using the templates provided in Outlook for that instead of starting from scratch.

I have not gotten alerts for anything that goes into folders subordinate to the Inbox though. There is no indication that mail has reached those folders unless I go and look at each one. What a stupid oversight!