View Full Version : Couple of quick ??s...

drbigfresh
04-14-2006, 09:00 PM
I just got my new Verizon XV6700 and am loving it. Best phone I've ever owned. Two very annoying things though I can't seem to figure out though:

1) every time I send a text message (sms) I get a successful delivery
notification back. Anyway to stop these? They're annoying the hell out of me.

2) On my IMAP email, when I delete an email it doesn't delete them off the server, and I can't seem to find that setting anywhere....

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Jason Dunn
04-14-2006, 09:55 PM
1) That's something you'd have to contact your carrier about. They control that, not Windows Mobile.

2) IMAP is kind of stupid on Windows Mobile 5. Here's what you need to do: send/receive, make your deletions, then his send/receive again. It's not like IMAP is supposed to be done, via a live connection. The send/receive pushes your changes up onto the server.

Damion Chaplin
04-14-2006, 11:44 PM
That's something you'd have to contact your carrier about. They control that, not Windows Mobile.

Wow, really? You mean when I send a text message and 2 seconds later, a tone sounds (or it vibrates) and a notification bubble pops up and tells me it was successfully sent, that's Cingular doing it? I thought it was a function of WM... Learn something new every day I guess. :)

Jason Dunn
04-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Wow, really? You mean when I send a text message and 2 seconds later, a tone sounds (or it vibrates) and a notification bubble pops up and tells me it was successfully sent, that's Cingular doing it? I thought it was a function of WM... Learn something new every day I guess. :)

Oh, no, I thought he said he was getting an SMS send back saying the delivery was successful. That would be from the carrier. The bubble from from the OS is controlled by the OS...but I don't think there's any way to turn it off.

drbigfresh
04-15-2006, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I do actually get an sms sent back to me. the pop-up I cand deal with, it's having to delete all the sms's that is driving me nuts.