View Full Version : Thoughts on the Sony TX series laptops?

Don't Panic!
04-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Does anyone here use one of these tiny wonders? I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences with this machine.

Jason Dunn
04-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Moved to Off Topic.

For my money, if you want something around the size of the TX, look at the Fujitsu P7000 series.

http://store.shopfujitsu.com/fpc/Ecommerce/PrdBridge.jsp?pclass=P

Don't Panic!
04-15-2006, 05:19 AM
I'm glad you chimed in Jason, I was freaking for awhile there. ;)

I went to sonystyle with my girlfriend last night and showed her the tiny wonders. She thought it was a DVD Player (which it is).

Anyway after the jedi sales counseler taught his padawan how to log in as administrator the fun began...

But that's not what I'm posting about now. :)

Sony has an SZ line that uses the same carbon-fiber chassis that the tx lines uses. It's really lite without a battery. But battery life is shorter than the tx young padawan states.

On my next visit I will attempt to hold each device with a battery attached.

I'm kind of on a truth in advertising campaign these days.

Don't Panic!
04-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Well I've gotten over my super-small/light laptop kick. After looking at DVDs on a couple of Sony models. I think I'm going to stick with HP for their awesome screen technology. HP's brightview technology just looks better than Sony's xbrite tech.

Plus at $1300 the HP Pavilion dv1580se leaves me enough in my gadget budget to consider the Dualcor cPC when/if it comes out for consumers.

Armygrognard
05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Well I've gotten over my super-small/light laptop kick. After looking at DVDs on a couple of Sony models. I think I'm going to stick with HP for their awesome screen technology. HP's brightview technology just looks better than Sony's xbrite tech.

Plus at $1300 the HP Pavilion dv1580se leaves me enough in my gadget budget to consider the Dualcor cPC when/if it comes out for consumers.

Have you bought it yet?

BestBuy has it for $999.00. I just bought one for my wife for Mother's Day.