View Full Version : Updated 4700 with 5.0, will not connect to sync

Lorenzo
04-13-2006, 06:35 PM
I flashed my ipaq 4700 to 5.0 last night and it will not sync now. It
jsut says connecting.... When it does connect it normally error's out
or seems like it is doing something, but really nothing.

Tried, re-installing active sync 4.1
Tried soft reset, ipaq
Tried hard reset, ipaq

Anyone else have this problem?

Lorenzo

Darius Wey
04-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Most Windows Mobile 5.0-related sync issues are due to poorly configured firewalls and/or network settings.

Check out this troubleshooting guide (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/activesync/default.mspx) and see if it solves your problem. :)

Lorenzo
04-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Well, it was syncing just fine before I updated. I've had many ipaq and before they were ipaq's even. Its a software issue with 5.0, but how can I correct it if I'm not able to get it to connect?

L.

Darius Wey
04-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Well, it was syncing just fine before I updated. I've had many ipaq and before they were ipaq's even.

It's related to Windows Mobile 5.0 and ActiveSync 4.x. Your previous iPAQs didn't run under this software configuration, and so they weren't susceptible to this issue.

Its a software issue with 5.0, but how can I correct it if I'm not able to get it to connect?

It's not a software issue with Windows Mobile 5.0. Devices running the new OS now have their own network when connected to computers. Most computers have personalised network settings as well as firewalls that block certain networks, and so this will create ActiveSync connection issues. The troubleshooting guide I linked you to earlier will help you get around this. The point of the guide is to help you connect; not connect, then correct. :)

Lorenzo
04-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, I don't know what else to do? I've tried adding it to
Trend Micro, I even tried it on a different computer, but nothing.

Tired re-installing the 5.0, but it says unable to connect with device.
If the device will not respond, don't know what else to do? I don't
have my old CD so I cannot go back now. Active Sync. 4.1 has already
changed the system so 3.8 is pointless now.

I'm in a real bind.. It flat out killed my connection to the ipaq.

Lorenzo

Darius Wey
04-14-2006, 03:20 AM
Well, I don't know what else to do? I've tried adding it to
Trend Micro, I even tried it on a different computer, but nothing.

Is that other computer running ActiveSync 4.1 as well? Do note that ActiveSync 3.8 cannot be used with Windows Mobile 5.0.

I still think that your issue lies within the firewall. If you can't add your connection, try disabling the firewall altogether and seeing if your device will register. It's not a safe solution, but at least we can determine if it's a firewall issue, and from there, we can work out a proper solution.

Make sure you know the firewall you have installed. You have Trend Micro running, but also check to see you don't accidentally have the Windows Firewall running in the background.