View Full Version : quick help with dual monitors

kaitanium
04-12-2006, 10:49 PM
does anyone know if theres a program out there for dual monitors where i can have my start bar (desktop) extend the full length of the dual monitors? i dont want my second monitor just as an "extended desktop." kinda like what matrox does with their cards in fooling your computer in thinking that its running one super wide monitor

Damion Chaplin
04-13-2006, 12:22 AM
[Begin Shameless Plug] Hey, check out our sister site, DigitalMediaThoughts. (http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com)
It's a great place to post questions like this (that have nothing to do with PocketPCs). :wink: [/End Shameless Plug]

On to your question:
Nvidia's nview drivers allow you to just that: extend your entire desktop across two screens, task bar included. I picked up a GeForce FX5200 for pretty cheap (like $60) at a brick-and-mortar that works great with two monitors. Of course, go for something better if you're into gaming or other graphically-intensive applications...

Sven Johannsen
04-13-2006, 04:12 AM
Take a look at www.ultramon.com

kaitanium
04-13-2006, 04:27 AM
hehe dmt. thought there were more users here to answer my questions so i went for it. people here have been good about comp questions before =)

ill check out the new drivers and that site! thanks guys

mrozema
04-13-2006, 06:21 AM
I use Ultramon every day at work and its fantastic! I don't know how I managed without it!

Damion Chaplin
04-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Ultramon is definitely very good program. The smart task bar feature is much more useable than just using the nview drivers.