View Full Version : Calendar and Contact buttons shortcut

nicodeemus
04-12-2006, 10:39 AM
hi there everyone. New to this board, but not to PDA's. My first PDA was a Jornada 568 when they first came out about 7 or 8 years ago. I just recently upgraded to a HX2490. Has anyone else had a problem with their Calendar and Contact buttons loosing the shortcuts? Every now and then when I press one of those buttons, an error comes up "Short cut not found". The only way I've found of fixing it is to go into the "Settings" and "buttons" and reassigning them to some other program, then reassigning it back to Calendar or Contact. Has there been a fix for this? Is there a firmware upgrade that I should know about? Any help would be great. Thanks

Darius Wey
04-14-2006, 03:51 AM
I used to have this problem with my Axim X50v, though not anymore. If I recall correctly, it was due to a third-party application breaking the button mapping entries. Mind listing the applications you have installed?

Also, welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts. :)

nicodeemus
04-17-2006, 05:17 PM
thanks for the welcome. Here's a list of my apps...Theme Switcher, Code Wallet Pro 5, Palm One Foldable Keyboard, Pocket Streets and Trips, TCPMP and then all the apps that came with Windows Mobile 5. I don't have much on their yet as I just got it a few weeks ago.

asims
04-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi, nicodeemus!

I had the same issue with my hx2495. I posted this question (along with a few others) here - http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=394660#394660

Like you, I've only had my WM5 device for just a few weeks. Oddly enough, a few soft resets and several programs later, I haven't had this issue again. (Great, I think I just jinxed myself :wink: )

Down near the bottom of the above link, IpaqUserMaybe posted this reply:
I found a review on ePinions of the Hx2495, that though it does not answer all your questions, it addresses many of them.

Hope this helps a little bit.

nicodeemus
04-18-2006, 12:15 AM
hi asims. Thanks for the insight. I guess I'll have to just wait til I need to soft reset the unit a few times.

Darius Wey
04-18-2006, 10:06 AM
thanks for the welcome. Here's a list of my apps...Theme Switcher, Code Wallet Pro 5, Palm One Foldable Keyboard, Pocket Streets and Trips, TCPMP and then all the apps that came with Windows Mobile 5. I don't have much on their yet as I just got it a few weeks ago.

I don't think any of those applications would cause the problem. I was thinking perhaps some sort of third-party button mapping application, but you don't seem to use any.

Let's see if the soft-resets help. If not, let us know, and we'll consider some other possible causes.

trog
04-20-2006, 01:25 PM
I am having the same problem with my 2750. It started after I mapped MySportsTraining and PocketMusic Player to two of the buttons. It only happens after I open one of those apps withe the shortcut button. As soon as I soft re-set, it goes away. I haven't taken the time to remove the shortcuts one at a time to see if one of them is the problem. I did have them mapped that way before I upgraded to WM5 and never had a problem.

Darius Wey
04-20-2006, 02:24 PM
I am having the same problem with my 2750. It started after I mapped MySportsTraining and PocketMusic Player to two of the buttons. It only happens after I open one of those apps withe the shortcut button. As soon as I soft re-set, it goes away.

So there is a chance that it's due to applications such as PocketMusic, which because of its separate button mapping functionality, may break the default system button assignments and cause the issue raised in the original post.

nicodeemus
04-24-2006, 05:11 AM
Well, I've soft reset the unit a few times already and the problem still comes up every now and then. I think it might be TCPMP maybe that's causing the problem since it's the only app that maps the 5 way button in the middle of the unit. Maybe it's interfering with some of the other mapped buttons. Anyone else with any ideas? :confused totally:

Darius Wey
04-24-2006, 11:50 AM
This might be hard to ask, but try uninstalling TCPMP and letting the device run for a few days. Any luck?

nicodeemus
04-26-2006, 11:04 AM
That might be what I have to try Darius. I'll give it a go and get back to you. Is anyone else out there running TCPMP having these problems?

nicodeemus
05-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Well, I found something odd. It seems that if I press the calendar or contact button right after I turn the unit on, it losses the shortcut. If I wait 5 secs before pressing any buttons after turning it on, it seems fine. Strange!!!! I hope I didn't just jinx myself!!