View Full Version : Qtek Releases AKU 2 For Universal Varient, Includes A2DP

Jon Westfall
04-12-2006, 12:01 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.myqtek.com/europe/news.aspx' target='_blank'>http://www.myqtek.com/europe/news.aspx</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Qtek recently released the long awaited AKU 2 ROM for their version of the HTC Universal. This ROM update offers both Messaging &amp; Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0 and new applications that you may find in the AKU 2 upgrade for your device - including the A2DP and AVRC Bluetooth profiles for wireless stereo streaming of audio files. "</i><br /><br />An interesting twist on the AKU 2 saga. Qtek apparently doesn't think their HTC Universal varient is underpowered and can't run A2DP - they included it in their latest ROM update. When i-Mate removed A2DP we were promised it would appear in future ROM updates, lets hope they keep this promise / rumor and allow JasJar users the same benefit their Qtek brothers now have!

alese
04-12-2006, 03:17 PM
I have put the new Qtek ROM on my Universal and so far it looks good. It's faster than the default and the A2DP functionality works just fine.

There is only one "problem" - I have tried to stream MP3 through ORB and WiFi to Universal and listen over BT - unfortunatelly this does not work, it skips and stops constantly.

It's funny though, because I have Beta ACU2 rom with A2DP on my Wizard and the situation is the same, it works fine playing "localy" but if you stream over WiFi, then the BT Headset is useless.
So I guess the difference in power between 200Mhz OMAP and 520Mhz XScale is not as big as it looks :-)

asci
04-12-2006, 03:58 PM
The same problem here. But I remember that I've tested an Imate home made ROM based on the last official one containing A2DP, and streaming worked. I only have to verify if connection was over WiFi or over USB ActiveSync.
Do you think it's a metter of cpu speed or rather than a metter of ram?

grinny11
04-12-2006, 06:24 PM
its just because of wifi, i think the frequencies conflict because on my hp headphones, the user manual says not to use wifi and a2dp together on your HP pda.

alese
04-12-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure WiFi and BT interference is the problem, it works on desktop.
My guess is that decoding the WiFi stream and then reencoding it for BT stream to headset is too much for mobile processor, or maybe it's just that software/bluetooth stack is not optimized enough.

wouterk
04-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Hi Alese,
I've using the Q-tek test ROM for a couple of moths now and it's includes the A2DP profile.
I noticed the skipping too when using A2DP on bluetooth but I noticed that it dissapeared when overclocking my processor just a little. 220Mhz i sufficient.
I also noticed that some players are more processor hungry than others.
The least hungry is Lyrics player. I don't have to overclock using this player.
Wouter

alese
04-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi Alese,
I've using the Q-tek test ROM for a couple of moths now and it's includes the A2DP profile.
I noticed the skipping too when using A2DP on bluetooth but I noticed that it dissapeared when overclocking my processor just a little. 220Mhz i sufficient.
I also noticed that some players are more processor hungry than others.
The least hungry is Lyrics player. I don't have to overclock using this player.
Wouter

Thanks for the tip, I'll definatelly try this over the weekend.

wouterk
04-13-2006, 12:04 PM

Ok. You're welcome.
Is there another downloadlink for this Qtek update (including the A2DP update)? I have an I-Mate and can't register to the Qtek site. :(

Wouter

alese
04-13-2006, 12:47 PM

Ok. You're welcome.
Is there another downloadlink for this Qtek update (including the A2DP update)? I have an I-Mate and can't register to the Qtek site. :(

Wouter

All the ROM upgrades are available on xda-developers.com ftp page, you need to be registred (free) that's all.
There are also some very helpfull discussions about hacks, tricks and solving all sorts of problems.

wouterk
04-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks, I know about that site. I visit it a lot. But which one is the new Qtek ROM (not the test version) with the A2DP profile?
I couldn't find any recent info about this update.
Wouter

wouterk
04-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Sorry!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I just noticed that this udate is about the Universal and I have a Wizard.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Wouter

alese
04-13-2006, 12:55 PM
The file is:
UNI_QTEK_13077_176_10900_WWE_Ship.exe

in the Universal section of the FTP site.

sashad
04-13-2006, 11:23 PM
I went to Howard Forums a couple weeks ago and downloaded a new ROM for 9100 from this site, ftp://xda-developers.com/Uploads/HTC_Wizard/ (which consequently no longer works)
File name is: 186504-ruu_9100_2170702_21707102_20710_qtek_wwe_ship.exe

When my Qtek 9100 boots now, it says ROM 2.17.

It supposedly added these features: Stereo Bluetooth, Push Email

Can someone post a download site for the QTEK FW? I wouldn't mind comparing the two ROMs.

When I try to go to their site, they tell me my IMEI number is handled by a third-party company that services US phones. And their site is not as progressive to show new FW updates. It basically looks like the guys you call when your phone is toast (i.e. fried CPU or motherboard).

alese
04-14-2006, 09:03 AM
I went to Howard Forums a couple weeks ago and downloaded a new ROM for 9100 from this site, ftp://xda-developers.com/Uploads/HTC_Wizard/ (which consequently no longer works)
File name is: 186504-ruu_9100_2170702_21707102_20710_qtek_wwe_ship.exe

When my Qtek 9100 boots now, it says ROM 2.17.

It supposedly added these features: Stereo Bluetooth, Push Email

Can someone post a download site for the QTEK FW? I wouldn't mind comparing the two ROMs.

When I try to go to their site, they tell me my IMEI number is handled by a third-party company that services US phones. And their site is not as progressive to show new FW updates. It basically looks like the guys you call when your phone is toast (i.e. fried CPU or motherboard).

All Qtek roms can be downloaded from xda-developers.com FTP site, but you have to do some searching, as sometimes they move files around.
And just for info, the 2.17 ROM that you have is the latest official Wizard ROM. It's ACU2 abd does have Push Email, but it does not have Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP) - this is true for all official ACU2 ROMs regardless of provider (Qtek or some other).
The only Wizard ROM that has A2DP is unofficial (test) ROM from Qtek that has number 2.08