View Full Version : 8125 questions

SickFish89
04-11-2006, 09:40 PM
I am currently looking at buying the Cingular 8125 phone and had a few questions that i was hoping someone on here could help answer. Im pretty sure that the 8125 is a touch screen and i was just making sure that it has a built in stylus. Is there a program that i could get for it that will make it into a GPS. Someone told me of a phone that comes with GPS software already installed and i was wondering what phone that was. If anyof you know any cool functions with the phone or have any suggestions of phones i should get it would be greatly appreciated.

Darius Wey
04-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Im pretty sure that the 8125 is a touch screen and i was just making sure that it has a built in stylus.

Correct. All Pocket PCs have a touch screen and a stylus. It's what sets it apart from the Smartphone.

Is there a program that i could get for it that will make it into a GPS.

You'll need to buy a GPS add-on since the 8125 does not have GPS out-of-the-box. In this case, your best bet would be a Bluetooth GPS module. Some include navigation software, and some don't.

If you want a starting point to see what's available, check out MobilePlanet's catalogue: http://www.mobileplanet.com/d_gps_bluetooth.asp

Someone told me of a phone that comes with GPS software already installed and i was wondering what phone that was.

Were you think of the HP iPAQ Mobile Messenger series (hw6500 or hw6900 series)? There are a few others, but that's one of the prominent ones in the market.

SickFish89
04-12-2006, 04:33 AM
where is the stylus held in it...well i quess its on the top right?

Darius Wey
04-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Unfortunately, this particular model has it in the bottom-right.

jameskd
04-23-2006, 02:50 AM
After three months of using my 8125, I am still impresed the stylus still clicks / locks firmly in place. I moved from a Siemens SX66 after only two months (of pure dissatisfaction w/ the PDA and with Good Technology). The stylus in the SX-66 would not stay locked in the device and regualry fell out - I lost 6 in two months.