View Full Version : Sending email with my Verizon Pocket PC 6700

franky14
04-11-2006, 01:51 AM
Hello All,

I am losing my mind setting up an email account on my Pocket PC Verizon 6700. I have the account set up. It is just a generic POP3 (Earthlink) email account using smpt server as the outgoing server. I can receive mail all day long with it but when I go and send mail, I get the error message "Invalid message recipients" which is returned to me the second I send it through the automatic administrator, system. I have changed every setting and it still will not send outgoing email. DOes anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Edgar_
04-11-2006, 02:01 AM
It sounds like your PDA isn't authenticating on the SMTP server so its being rejected.

Two quick thoughts.

Make sure the box requiring authentication for outbound is set on.

Also, does your provider require SSL connection to the SMTP outbound server? If so, make sure you don't have SSL turned off by using PocketPC Tips, Tweaks2k or some other utility.

franky14
04-11-2006, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the comments! I finally got it to work ONCE!!!!!!! The problem is that when I do a soft reset everything goes back to the previous settings! My account was named HOME. I created a new account named HOME1 with the new email changes. That account was working sending mail. I deleted the first account (HOME) and did a soft reset and everything was back where it had started. The only account listed was HOME and all ofthose emails. I can not seem to make the changes stay. Every soft reset brings it right back to the way it was when it was first created. Any suggestions!

Thakns

Edgar_
04-11-2006, 02:24 AM
hmm, weird. This is with Pocket Outlook? I'm a bit lost on why that would happen.

Are you completely closing the app and making sure you finish the configuration before resetting? Ie the app is completely closed? I wonder if Verizon is blocking a registry update?

Why do you soft reset so often?

BTW, Flexmail 2006 is a great alternative to Pocket Outlook, especially for generic Pop accounts ( www.pocketinformant.com or www.webis.net)

franky14
04-11-2006, 02:27 AM
Ia m going to try it one more time. I thought it was good for the unit to do a soft reset every so often. This was to ensure that apps were closed and system resources were reset again. Let me try it one more time and we will see. I am going to recreate a new account!

Edgar_
04-11-2006, 02:42 AM
Well you sure dont have to soft reset to close those apps!

Look for anything like Pocketplus, Wisbar, Ilauncher etc or another with a task switcher, they all close apps.

Something like SKTools and/or Tweaks2k will take of the rest for resources etc.

Soft resets are needed and should never wipe out acct configurations - but I only soft reset about once a week, usually from some misbehaved app or game I'm playing with.

Perhaps a member here with a 6700 can address any particulars to your system but I assume its a std PocketPC Phone Edition 2003.

franky14
04-11-2006, 02:43 AM
Got it to work again and for now, I will not be doing and soft resets! Thanks for the info it helped! NO MORE SOFT RESETS!!! What ever I am doing is definitly not staying. At least it works now though!

Edgar_
04-11-2006, 02:47 AM
Here's the VW help area for the 6700 and Pocket Outlook - perhaps buried in here is your answer. If you do find it please update the thread so it's there for the next user.

http://dts.vzw.guided.atomz.com/exec/?state=two&p=2200&cid=25425&issue=How%20do%20I%20setup%20my%20email%20account(s)%3F

Thanks

-Edgar

Jon Westfall
04-11-2006, 02:58 AM
How are you doing your soft-resets? I know that some Windows Mobile 5 Machines have real problems with soft-resetting through the "reset hole" method. The recommended way to soft-reset would be to use a piece of third-party software that can invoke the Pocket PC API's reset function. Spb Pocket Plus ships with an icon for it, and there are many freeware options available as well.

Jon.

franky14
04-12-2006, 01:20 AM
Tha tis exactly the way I was doing a soft reset. I never knew there was third party software available.

franky14
04-12-2006, 01:23 AM
I tried to go to that link but it was unavaialble.

Edgar_
04-12-2006, 03:42 AM
hmm phbb isnt display the link right - data is there correctly but it isnt underlining the complete URL.

Make sure you cut/paste instead of click. or add the "(s)%3F" to the end of the URL.

Alternatively you can goto http://dts.vzw.com/?p=2200&m=8

then click on your choice of FAQ - first one is setting up mail.