View Full Version : What Can't You Do With An Axim?

Jon Westfall
04-10-2006, 01:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.aximsite.com/whatcanidowithmyaxim/' target='_blank'>http://www.aximsite.com/whatcanidowithmyaxim/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Straight out of the box, your Axim is equipped to be your personal information manager, your portable office, as well as your entertainment center. With additional third party software and hardware, these functions can easily be expanded, and new functions added. This article provides a brief look at the potential uses of the Axim. Although I have written it specifically with Axims in mind since I know them best, much of the information is applicable to any Pocket PC running the Windows Mobile Operating System. This tutorial is really a work in progress as with each day comes the introduction of new applications and hardware. However, I hope that by reading this article you will be informed and inspired to do more with your Axim (or other Pocket PC)....And if you should happen to have any corrections or additions, please contact me so that I can make the necessary changes. Thanks and enjoy!"</i><br /><br />An excellent and large tutorial on all the wondrous things you can do with an Axim, or most any Pocket PC for that matter has been posted by Gigi Hsueh over at Aximsite! A nice piece of work that seems to be perpetually in development (Which is a good thing!). Check it out and see what you can do but might not know about!

stevenator65
04-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Gigi's article is among the most informative, well written and best out there. It's well organized and comprehensive and includes many links to make your computing life better. If you haven't read it yet, check it out.
Steve

DarkHelmet
04-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Here's what I can't do with my Axim (x50v)...

... run Windows Mobile 5!

Before you reply, please note I have upgraded to WM5 twice only to have to rollback to WM 2003SE...

Hard resets, unusable slots, lost time and data - and you call this an upgrade.

jgary
04-11-2006, 01:28 AM
I read this article &amp; got all excited about having my Axim with WM5 dial a contact through my brand new bluetooth enabled cell phone. Problem is, none of the bluetooth dialers that this article pointed to will work with WM5. Is there such a beast? Some utility that will allow me to select a contact and make my phone dial it? Thanks.

John.

Jon Westfall
04-11-2006, 03:38 PM
I read this article &amp; got all excited about having my Axim with WM5 dial a contact through my brand new bluetooth enabled cell phone. Problem is, none of the bluetooth dialers that this article pointed to will work with WM5. Is there such a beast? Some utility that will allow me to select a contact and make my phone dial it? Thanks.

John.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Pocket Informant has this feature, and it will run on 2005.