View Full Version : Viewing protected excel sheets

wiseguy
04-10-2006, 06:10 AM
Hi!
Noobie here!

Just picked up a HP iPAQ h2210 and absolutely love it.

1. I just wanted to know if there was a way to view/edit protected excel files?

2. Also is it possible to rotate the screen to landscape mode on this HP model? I cant seem to find info in the manual. Im sure its just a press of a button?

Cheers
Zac

Darius Wey
04-10-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi!
Noobie here!

Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

1. I just wanted to know if there was a way to view/edit protected excel files?

Excel Mobile's password support is a little spotty. Most people have found the best solution to be the disabling of password protection on the Excel file prior to sync. Opening and editing the file on your Pocket PC from then on should work without a hitch.

If you're after a more functional application, check out PlanMaker: http://www.softmaker.com/english/pmp_en.htm

2. Also is it possible to rotate the screen to landscape mode on this HP model? I cant seem to find info in the manual. Im sure its just a press of a button?

Because you're running an old version of Windows Mobile (i.e. 2003), screen rotation isn't natively supported. Only Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition and Windows Mobile 5.0 support it.

However, you can make use of third-party software such as Nyditot Virtual Display or dotPocket. Each enables screen rotation functionality for older versions of Windows Mobile, but bear in mind that because the OS doesn't natively support it, some of your applications won't adjust for it (so you'll find that the bottom third of the application will tend to cut off).