View Full Version : Dell keyboard

jayson
04-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey.
I'm using my Pocket PC to right this, but i was wondering....I Lost My Dell Axim keyboard CD installer, and i just hard reseted my ppc. And now i can't use my keyboard. So i'm wonderin what i should do. thanks

Darius Wey
04-09-2006, 03:32 AM
Best move would be to visit Dell Support and download the latest drivers. (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R107814&SystemID=PDA_AXIM_X51&os=PPM&osl=en&deviceid=6435&devlib=0&typecnt=1&vercnt=1&formatcnt=1&libid=17&fileid=139841)

miterb
04-11-2006, 04:47 PM
I have the original 3.3 version of the Keyboard Driver on my x50v and downloaded the newest version. However, it will not install to my PPC even after uninstalling V3.3. Getting the message, "Application Manager cannot install this application on your mobile device due to an invalid setup file. Reinstall and try again."

Any ideas before I spend a lot of time with Dell support? I do have a 1-year support option with Dell as I bought the keyboard at same time I bought the X50v.

Thanks in advance,

Brad Miter

jayson
04-11-2006, 04:47 PM
WOW,

Thanks soooooooooooooooo much. I thought i would have to buy a whole new keyboard just to get the CD, THANKS SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
:D :lol: 8) :wink: :mrgreen: :) Thanks

Jayson

Darius Wey
04-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Any ideas before I spend a lot of time with Dell support? I do have a 1-year support option with Dell as I bought the keyboard at same time I bought the X50v.

A few options to try, in no particular order, though you may have already tried some of them:

(1) Re-download the drivers and try again.

(2) Soft-reset your Pocket PC, then try again.

(3) Uninstallation of possible conflicting software on the Pocket PC (namely, input-related software and/or unneeded background services) and disabling of any firewalls on your PC. Following that, try installing the drivers.

(4) Worst case scenario: hard-reset, and install the drivers on a fresh device.

miterb
04-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Darius,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried everything but after the hard reset I did a restore of my Sprite Backup file before trying the install. Same results. I'm running out of time to get my income tax done so I'll have to put off a try after a hard reset and before loading any programs. This is a tough nut to crack. I'll also look in the registry. I had the same problem with reinstall of either Sprite Backup or Resco Explorer -- can't remember which -- and it involved a flag setting and I ended up having to do a full hard reset with no restore.

Brad

Darius Wey
04-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Are you running the Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrade? It has a few issues with the uninstallation and reinstallation of applications/drivers. One fix is a soft-reset, though evidently, it doesn't always work. Hopefully, the hard reset will work out for you.

miterb
04-12-2006, 01:35 AM
Running 2003 se2. I sure hate the prospect of reinstalling all my myriad of applications! There has got to be a better way!!

Anyway, fed tax is done but still have state and school district.

Brad

Darius Wey
04-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Actually, can you try installing it from another computer (if possible)? It might not be an issue with your Pocket PC.

miterb
04-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the help Darius. I searched the Axim Forums and mention of downloading driver from the "Think Outside" website led me to download their latest which is Ver 4.4 and it installed OK. Ver 4.1 must have had a problem -- just my luck!

Brad