View Full Version : Has anyone used eBooks.cc?

heygeek
04-08-2006, 01:01 AM
I found http://www.ebooks.cc on google, has anyone ever purchased anything from them? I'd appreciate any feedback as I'm considering spending some money with them.
Thanks,
George

Jorgen
04-08-2006, 05:53 AM
Ah, after reading your (very first) message, I would have thought you wanted us to spend some money with them (or I suppose: you). :)

Jorgen

heygeek
04-09-2006, 03:01 AM
If it was my site I wouldn't be asking YOU if you could tell ME anything about it. I wish it was my site, though, so that I had access to all those books.
George

Jorgen
04-09-2006, 06:07 AM
My apologies if you are for real, but shame on you if you are stealthily advertising your own site.

So taking it on trust I will change it to: welcome to the forum!

Jorgen

Steve Jordan
04-11-2006, 03:04 AM
George, try to get as much info as you can about those ebooks before you buy. Some of them look like books that other sites sell for $1, and even free.

Guest979
04-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Frankly, many web sites that have books/music that no one else has available for purchase, and whose domain name ends in "dot something-you've-never-heard-of," tend to be illegal. However, the fact that they are breaking the law (not speaking about any site specifically, just hypothetically) does not necessarily imply that you would be breaking the law by patronizing them. Considering how greedy some publishers have been about refusing to make some books available as eBooks, even at the bloated prices other eBooks sell at, it is hard to feel sorry for the publishers.

Steve Jordan
04-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Guest979, are you implying that it's okay to buy stolen property, as long as you're not the one who stole it?