View Full Version : Smart Dialing on Cingular 8125

coth2
04-07-2006, 08:38 AM
I'm having trouble using Smart Dialing on my new phone. The manual says to click options when in phone mode and then go to smart dialing options, but it doesn't even appear ...

Is this additional software or am I just missing something easy?

Thx in advance for the help,

CP

laser
04-08-2006, 03:49 PM
On my 8125, (with the phone pad displaying), I click on Menu and then under Options I have Smart Dialing Options listed. Just to be sure we are seeing the same thing on the screen, my kepad is displayed and I have the back arrow, Speed Dial, Call History and Talk all on the right side of the screen.

I know that depending on what mode the dialer is in the screen changes and when it does the Menu options also change.

It Smart Dialing is factory installed.

Hope this helps.

coth2
04-08-2006, 05:08 PM
I actually just went and exchanged it for another phone. For some reason I never could get the Smart Dialing Options to appear on the menu that it was supposed to be in.

It was very odd and no one at the local Cingular store seemed to know much about it.

But it's working great on the new phone and so far I absolutely love this phone. Much, Much better than my Treo 650

laser
04-11-2006, 04:36 AM
I really like my 8125 as well.

Enjoy!

hmorse
04-15-2006, 09:17 PM
I finally returned my 8125 to Cingular. The staff at the corporate store knew nothing. I found an unlisted number to HTC Support, and they were great, but none of them owned the 8125! I finally found a detailed manual of about 197 pages on the included disc, under a file called OEM. Why should it have been so difficult to locate? Only one person at HTC knew where it was.

Went back to my Treo 650, but may rveret to my Razor. It never fails!

Kt3
04-21-2006, 04:48 AM
That's a shame, I just got an 8125 and have been playing with it for about a week and I absolutely love it. I got it to work better than any Pocket PC i ever owned, even an hx4700!

hholliday
06-27-2006, 06:10 AM
I'm am a newbie and I am not familiar with what "smart dialing" does.
Please advise.