View Full Version : How to stay online all the times?

grantlairdjr
04-06-2006, 06:35 PM
My friends and I like to use instant messenger on our XV6700 such as IM+, Agile, Verichat and others but they all have one thing in common.

They won't stay online once it goes idle or sleep.

I know Verichat do have SMS that will page you in case my IM went offline.

How do we keep it stay online all the times?

sixsixty
04-14-2006, 10:06 PM
i had this same issue. i just got my ppc6700 and i love it, but i want aim to be on all the time. here is what i figured out to do so far. (please proceed at your own risk).

1) i did the registry hack to keep the internet connection always on.(again proceed at your own risk with the registry hack)
http://ppc6700users.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\Sprint PCS Vision

Change the "AlwaysOn" dword value from "0" to "1"

Softreset

*This hack maintains an internet connection, making "dialing up" a thing of the past!

2) now this is what confused me for awhile, i had all my IM programs loaded on my mini SD memory card. and they would never stay open when the phone turned off. SOO...i installed my IM program on the main memory. i am using agile messenger the most, so i reinstalled it to main memory and this seemed to help it stay alive all the time even when the phone was turned off.

3) i use spb plus and it has a close button program that allows me to switch, minimize, and close applications (there are many other programs that do this too). so with this installed i can be sure to minimize this app and not close it.

so far so good. i've had it running All day long and as long as i don't drop a cell signal it seems to stay running even when the phone is off. and i can minimize the program and run other things too.

yup, so this worked for me. good luck.

Nurhisham Hussein
04-17-2006, 01:59 AM
2) now this is what confused me for awhile, i had all my IM programs loaded on my mini SD memory card. and they would never stay open when the phone turned off. SOO...i installed my IM program on the main memory. i am using agile messenger the most, so i reinstalled it to main memory and this seemed to help it stay alive all the time even when the phone was turned off.

The OS will unmount cards when in standby - you actually have to be careful not to access files or run programs from storage cards too soon coming out of standby.