View Full Version : Audiovox 6600 - PIE Upgrade?

lowdenguy
04-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Hello,
I've recently gotten the 6600 to help me out with my business. The whole point was to be able to log on to a corporate portal, but I keep getting a message saying that "Internet Explorer 6 is needed." I have tried using Opera and ThunderHawk to no avail.
Is there any kind of plug-in or updates available for Pocket Explorer?
Thank you very much.

Cybrid
04-15-2006, 03:19 AM
Hello,
I've recently gotten the 6600 to help me out with my business. The whole point was to be able to log on to a corporate portal, but I keep getting a message saying that "Internet Explorer 6 is needed." I have tried using Opera and ThunderHawk to no avail.
Is there any kind of plug-in or updates available for Pocket Explorer?
Thank you very much. they're using a "sniffer". basically a piece of code that demands the client (your pocket pc) identify itself.
It may or may not signify compatibility. A simple registry hack will tell you.

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/936/

Change Internet Explorer to Appear as a Different Version (Pocket PC)
These settings allows you to change the way Pocket Internet Explorer appears to remote web sites. As some web site base the availability of SSL and other display parameters on this version information.

Open your registry and find the key below.
To make your browser appear to be Internet Explorer 6.0, running on Windows 2000 change the following values.

Change the value of (Default) to equal "Mozilla/4.0", change the value of Version to equal "MSIE 6.0" and the value of Platform to equal "Windows NT 5.0".

Alternatively try Netfront which lets you do that from a simple drop down menu.