View Full Version : ActiveSnyc 4.1 melt down!!!

scarletknight96
04-05-2006, 09:20 PM
I have spent over six hours with attempting to get activesync to sync my files. I've tried everything, from uninstalling it and re-installing it, four or five times, to no avail. The error message I am receiving on my desktop is: "Attention required." This message appears next to the windows pc icon. The status or progress bar just says synchornizing and never fills-up, as though progress was being made. I've resetted my pocket pc and still nothing happens. I am using an ipaq 2795 unit, with windows mobile 5.0 Can someone please help me. And, yes, I completely uninstalled activesnc from my computer, rebooted and repeated the process, all over again, and again.

Darius Wey
04-06-2006, 01:07 AM
Do you have a firewall installed? A lot of ActiveSync 4.x-related issues are either firewall related or network settings related.

Check out this troubleshooting guide (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/activesync/default.mspx) and see if it's of any help.

scarletknight96
04-06-2006, 03:26 AM
I followed the instructions on the activsync firewall guide and still to no avail. I saw an error message under activesync with my handheld, which suggested to delete my partnership. I tried this and it still did not work.

Ironicly, I have zone alarm security suite. It suggeste that I upgrade to the latest version, which I did. That is when all the my problems began. Can you or anyone please offer supportive suggestions?

Darius Wey
04-06-2006, 03:57 AM
Ironicly, I have zone alarm security suite. It suggeste that I upgrade to the latest version, which I did. That is when all the my problems began. Can you or anyone please offer supportive suggestions?

What happens when you temporarily disable ZoneAlarm? Is the device able to sync?

scarletknight96
04-06-2006, 04:30 AM
The same ole problem still occurs. Please, let me know if I should try a hard reset. Luckily, I bought spb backup, not too long ago. I'll be on stand-by mode, awaiting your response. Thank you.

Another problem I usually have, but I don't know how to remedy it. When, I either hard reset or delete my activesync partnership, I usually have duplicates in my PIM (pocket informant) and in my notes. How doe you get rid of those duplicates?

Darius Wey
04-06-2006, 06:15 AM
The same ole problem still occurs. Please, let me know if I should try a hard reset. Luckily, I bought spb backup, not too long ago. I'll be on stand-by mode, awaiting your response. Thank you.

A hard-reset is a quick and painless solution. First, try syncing before restoring your backup file, then try syncing after restoring your backup file. If your problem isn't firewall-related or network-related, then there's a high chance that it's due to some third-party software breaking the sync process, which performing the latter (syncing after restoring the backup file) may cause again.

Another problem I usually have, but I don't know how to remedy it. When, I either hard reset or delete my activesync partnership, I usually have duplicates in my PIM (pocket informant) and in my notes. How doe you get rid of those duplicates?

A free, Outlook duplicates remover will do the trick. Here's a good one: http://www.slipstick.com/files/ODR5.EXE