View Full Version : Email disappears after downloading!!

wifi4milez
04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
I have my work email, my gmail (pop3), and my hotmail accounts set up on my PPC-6700 (Sprint) through outlook. If I get a new email message and open it, the message no longer appears in the inbox! It doesnt even appear anywhere at all as if somehow downloading it from the server is a one time thing. As soon as I close the message thats it, its gone. The items do remain in the sent items folder however, so I am confused!

Nurhisham Hussein
04-06-2006, 01:36 AM
It doesnt even appear anywhere at all as if somehow downloading it from the server is a one time thing.

I'm not familiar with the 6700 (is it on WM2003SE or WM5?), but what you're describing is IIANM pretty standard behaviour for the built in mail application. It's configured by default to delete messages on the server once downloaded to the client. The answer I think would be to either force the server to retain all messages sent to clients unless manually deleted, or to get a better client that will allow you to do the same thing on the client side. I use Flexmail myself, which has this option.