View Full Version : LogMeIn Working on AKU 2 Devices

Jon Westfall
04-05-2006, 01:40 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.logmein.com' target='_blank'>http://www.logmein.com</a><br /><br /></div>Just a quick note to all you LogMeIn users - the service has addressed problems with their CAB file that rendered the PDA interface useless on a Pocket PC device (i.e. the infinite logmein loop of despair*). Be sure to uninstall your old version of the Remote Control CAB if you installed it on your AKU 2 machine, then try accessing one of your systems. After downloading the new CAB, you'll be logged back in!<br /><br /><span>* Not the technical term, but accurate</span>

OSUKid7
04-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Nice! It finally works on my Axim X51v with WM5 (no AKU2, unfortunately... :grumble:) I had been having that "infinite logmein loop of dispair" problem before, and eh... was just too lazy to take the time to have LMI support help me out.

Glad it works now. :) I use LogMeIn all the time.

klanum
04-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Just curious...I use the free LogMeIn service on all my family's PC's but is the PDA version available with that as well? I can't really find a page on their site that shows it or even to download it for the PDA, just a brief mention in their FAQ.

OSUKid7
04-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Just curious...I use the free LogMeIn service on all my family's PC's but is the PDA version available with that as well? I can't really find a page on their site that shows it or even to download it for the PDA, just a brief mention in their FAQ.
Yep, the PDA version is free as well. :)

Jon Westfall
04-05-2006, 08:49 PM

Yep, the free version is supported. Just login through Pocket Internet Explorer and you'll be redirected to the PDA interface.

klanum
04-06-2006, 03:34 AM
Thanks! I went through the motions and it did download and install. It would run and close the PIE, then nothing. I'm running it on the hx4705 with WM5. I'm going to play with it some more but thanks for the info regardless!!!

Bulnes
04-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Jon Westfall has said "After downloading the new CAB, you'll be logged back in!". But ... where is the new CAB. I still have the same infinite logmein loop of despair. I have hard rebooted my iMate JasJar and the problem continues. Any solution ?

Bulnes
04-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Well, nobody has answered me but I’ve found a solution: when installing the CAB file, I have Saved As with another name, instead of saving it normally. Then … miracle: I have no more loops. Finally I can remote control my desktop PC from my JasJar with AKU 2 installed.