View Full Version : WM5 e-mail download option

maikii
04-03-2006, 04:15 AM
I just got the T-Mobile (USA) MDA, a version of the HTC Wizard, a Pocket PC Phone device with WM 5.

In the options for e-mail download, one can choose only to download e-mails from the last day, the last 3 days, last 5 days, all e-mail, etc.

I set it for last 3 days. However, that option doesn't seem to work--all e-mails on the server are downloaded. (Which for me is quite a lot, as I delete them only rarely.)

How can I get the option to work? It worked on my previous phone, the Audiovox SMT5600 (HTC Typhoon), an WM2003 smartphone. Why doesn't it work on my MDA?

Menneisyys
04-03-2006, 10:00 AM
I just got the T-Mobile (USA) MDA, a version of the HTC Wizard, a Pocket PC Phone device with WM 5.

In the options for e-mail download, one can choose only to download e-mails from the last day, the last 3 days, last 5 days, all e-mail, etc.

I set it for last 3 days. However, that option doesn't seem to work--all e-mails on the server are downloaded. (Which for me is quite a lot, as I delete them only rarely.)

How can I get the option to work? It worked on my previous phone, the Audiovox SMT5600 (HTC Typhoon), an WM2003 smartphone. Why doesn't it work on my MDA?

Note that download doesn't equal to show (the latter is used in Messaging - showing that the mail (or, at least, its headers) is indeed downloaded.

There is a very simple explanation for this: In the POP3 protocol, it's impossible to parse the date of a particular message without actually getting all its headers. This is why it's impossible to know the sending date of a mail without getting all its headers.

maikii
04-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the reply, Menneisys.

But it is showing messages much earlier than 3 days ago as well.